Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip


Ratwhite

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, 1969 said:

I'm not on about squad numbers,more about quality.Barring the 2 mentioned I think we have.We where never going to get better than them 2 in league 1,but the replacement seem descent for this level 

The quality remains to be seen for me 

Not a criticism 

I think Mahghoma is a step up in the middle 

But yet to see anything of real quality from Nlundulu, Ashworth or Gomes yet 

Cogley and Forrester look promising though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, true white said:

Axel Tuanzebe at 25 with loads of Prem experience being one of them ? Surely worth a punt at right wages. 

If Wilson and Baccus break our wage cap, this lad surely will. Great player ruined by a bad back injury but still attracting interest and currently in talks with Ipswich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think one of the problems is the statement coming from the club and evatt earlier in the summer  stuff like  Clubs throwing players at us due to the success of Bradley and Trafford and then we don’t get anyone

then we’re looking at players for fees from now on and waiting on the domino’s to fall one statement from him players from top end championship clubs and player at premier league club . May be it was mendes he was taliking about but the guy as only played at league one level  so that was misleading 

then even stuff like the toughsheet sponsorship we were told the guy was also paying for a new pitch will that happen on top of that the bonds money . 
if we’re there or there abouts then it won’t matter but if we slip there is going to be criticism 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I think one of the problems is the statement coming from the club and evatt earlier in the summer  stuff like  Clubs throwing players at us due to the success of Bradley and Trafford and then we don’t get anyone

then we’re looking at players for fees from now on and waiting on the domino’s to fall one statement from him players from top end championship clubs and player at premier league club . May be it was mendes he was taliking about but the guy as only played at league one level  so that was misleading 

then even stuff like the toughsheet sponsorship we were told the guy was also paying for a new pitch will that happen on top of that the bonds money . 
if we’re there or there abouts then it won’t matter but if we slip there is going to be criticism 

If we win the league by the beginning of April some will still criticise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fester58 said:

 

if we cant afford clarke-harris we definately cant afford him

Hard to believe the reported fee that Bristol Rovers agreed for Clarke Harris was the same that we paid for Dan and Vic combined (£800k)..  And his value can only reduce in January when he's half a season from the end of his contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Out of interest where have Williams and Lee ended up?

Mj got himself a 3 year deal at mk who are currently second in L2 

So probably a good move all round  

Had a look to see how Bakayoko was getting on at FGR 

0 goals in 19 games and now he's on loan at Dundee in the SPL, started yesterday, 0 goals in 4 games 

Not sure if that last move is a step up or step down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Spurious link to transfer news but there's an interesting article in the Portsmouth News comparing the current (post window) squad values in League 1. Apparently there are 7 teams with a squad valued higher than ours...

Valued by whom?

It's clickbait shite like the ones that say compare away attendances to other clubs in the league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Valued by whom?

It's clickbait shite like the ones that say compare away attendances to other clubs in the league

Does it matter? Transfermarkt or whoever is irrelevant as they're actually worth what someone will pay for them in the real world.

But if all the valuations are taken from the same source such as Transfermarkt - or based on fees historically paid then at least it's a like for like comparison - even if that's a like for like crap valuation comparison.

Newspapers have to fill their column inches with something as Iles demonstrates week in week out.

Thing that interested me is that a lot of clubs reckon we're loaded so being 8th in this League 1 squad valuation may change a few minds about us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Does it matter? Transfermarkt or whoever is irrelevant as they're actually worth what someone will pay for them in the real world.

But if all the valuations are taken from the same source such as Transfermarkt - or based on fees historically paid then at least it's a like for like comparison - even if that's a like for like crap valuation comparison.

Newspapers have to fill their column inches with something as Iles demonstrates week in week out.

Thing that interested me is that a lot of clubs reckon we're loaded so being 8th in this League 1 squad valuation may change a few minds about us.

It's a load of bollocks though

At the end of the day, a player is only worth what someone will pay

Not some bloke behind a keyboard 

You clicked on it so you'll probably get a load of messages comparing away attendances, home ones and how many goals each team have scored on a Tuesday night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

You clicked on it so you'll probably get a load of messages comparing away attendances, home ones and how many goals each team have scored on a Tuesday night

Cool. Although the Portsmouth News newspaper tends not to do that - we know where they live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.