Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

We are at the bottom of Div 3 with not much of a pot to piss in. Aldershot territory for the initiated .

Dont know what some folk are expecting ?

Aye.

Must be difficult to attract anyone given our wage restrictions and prospects.

Also doesn't help when papers start making shit up.

6 minutes ago, Werder barmen said:

if Buckley proves his fitness till end of season be decent in league 2 if not fuck him off

Precisely. He’s only 30 and played in the premier, championship and league one if he keeps fit could be class in league 2.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Hill’s recent comments were all about long term planning & recruitment... not quite sure how this fits in with that... and the fact that, extremely short term, thinking is muddled and contradictory... but I’ll give Buckley the benefit of the doubt. He’s shown (in patches) what he can do and he’s been loyal, unlike some. 

2 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Fucking Buckley resigning is pathetic definitely something has gone on from what they originally had planned. Not like he’s going to be here next season either 

Why not?  Last season he was playing in the championship and however bad we think he is, surely he can do a job in Div 2?  He isnt going to be inundated with offers, and if someone like Bradford or Tranmere sign him for Div 2 it would probably be seen as a great signing for that level.  

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The lad from Hull looks better than chicksen, early days yet but chicksen wasn’t so great, and we’ve Bunney as well. 

Not for me.  That adds to the mystery over Chicksen, he looks better than Fleming and would like to be here next season. Passing and control better from Chicksen, not definitely saying he's a better defender, havent seen enough of the Hull lad defensively.

59 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Sounds like we're really struggling to bring any players in this window, I'm not a Buckley fan, but we need some players in to see the season out.

I think this is the root of it. We're at the bottom of League 1 and heading for League 2 and probably only offering very short term deals. Even as a large club for this level we're just not an appetising prospect for a footballer looking for a new club. I trust it will be a different story in the Summer.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How many players have we got?  Only few days left in the window and I’m sure the club have weighed up the situation and if we’re likely to get a better player signed in time. 

Indeed.

Presumably he was released to free up space to allow for someone better. Keith said he was hoping to complete more but it hasn't happened, so may as well.

3 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

The only problem with Buckley is he will be long term injured in a couple of week and will be a squad place taken up till the end of the season  

Not expecting anything. Even so releasing an injury prone player when we clearly thought we could do better only to then have to re sign him coz we couldnt is depressing.  Absolutely no positive spin for me. 

Plus all these people saying Fleming is better than Chicksen after one game??? I liked Chicksen over 12 or so games and he was unattached. If we had signed him longer term id have been happy. But we are supposed to see a long term policy here? Face it we are fucked. We cant attract shit . So we go with what weve got. Keith is building a team round our best young talent and building for next season. Isnt he?

• Moderators

Im not quite as close to wrist slitting, but have to agree that anybody claiming fleming is better than chicksen is taking a punt on being able to say i told you so as he makes his 100th appearance fir england

And tbh, even if he does, its still an unfathomable decision