Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Shrewsbury 1

Farrelli

He's been getting some pretty rough treatment by one or both centre halves he's faced for a while now, leading the line well. I'm warming to him.

Finding refs either think Madine's a dick, or the kind of treatment he gets at time is acceptable (level we're playing at?)

Madine's well up for the fight I reckon. I want people to back him. Plays better when he's full of confidence and fans backing would help.

It's interesting with madine. I think he's been playing a lot better lately but I stand by thinking he wasn't at the races on boxing day. I do think though I'm more liable to be harsh on him due to his pr and earlier performances. The refs attitude to him is a good point though,he was getting battled out of stuff but it was probably questionable if it was legal at times. We're perhaps asking to much of him as well if others don't perform and he becomes the major outlet against two centre backs.

This is Gary Madines level and that's pushing it.

There's shit loads of lads like him you could shove up there and tell em to round around a bit. Winning a few headers is the least we should expect.

The guys never a footballer in a million years.

Good on him making more effort than last season, he's obviously worked in his fitness and grown half a bollock.

He's got a long way to go before I join in the circle jerk over him though.

• Moderators

So Madines been playing well lately but not on Boxing Day.

Funny that after Christmas Day.

He's less disciplined than a baby chimp.

perhaps he was on it with half the team

in fact, he did more than the three behind him, so maybe he left em at it

Problem on Boxing Day was that the other forwards didn't get close enough to Madine or take up decent positions to get the second ball. I didn't think Clough for example had a great game. Played within himself apart from the odd flash. He's going to have to keep working on that strength as well if he wants to be a top player. When you see him give you a glimpse of that talent he clearly has you just want to see more of it.

On the attendance thing I think that was a good attendance considering the opposition. I think the club got the pricing slightly wrong on boxing day however. Local bloke I know (Rochdale) who is an occasional attender at the Macron decided to go to Huddersfield instead with his family as it was I believe £20 for adults. On Boxing Day there is always a lot of floating fans who look for a game to attend.

Ref Gary Madine,

PP has 4gotten more about football than the knockers will ever know.

Some of them hardly attend a match neither - laughable.

Just check out our form when he was injured......

Enough said.

every season the moaners target someone this year it's madine, he's not a 20+ goal scorer but he's effective in what he's doing as the results show.

Im a fan of madine but will be first to say if we go up he won't be good enough, but this league it's working

Finding refs either think Madine's a dick, or the kind of treatment he gets at time is acceptable (level we're playing at?)

Madine's well up for the fight I reckon. I want people to back him. Plays better when he's full of confidence and fans backing would help.

Precisely why "supporters" should support.

Ah all the old super fans are out. Love it.

Put your cocks away ffs.

Views on players abilities are all different. I've never heard of anyone giving him grief vocally this season and this is a board to offer opinion.

Edited by gonzo

in fact, he did more than the three behind him, so maybe he left em at it

Spot on he was winning the headers/challenges just no bugger in white anywhere near to get the 2nd ball.

As always with target men if they get no support they often look isolated and ineffective. That applied for washing machine on Boxing Day.

Ah all the old super fans are out. Love it.

Put your cocks away ffs.

Views on players abilities are all different. I've never heard of anyone giving him grief vocally this season and this is a board to offer opinion.

They haven't had cause to give him grief because he's found his level, got fitter and got on with the coaching staff. He's a useful League 1 target man, no more no less, but he's doing that job well for us. Best player on Boxing Day, some of his hold up play was very good in blustery conditions, those around him weren't sharp enough to make much of it.

• Site Supporter

Tbf Vela had gone backwards for 12m or so. But since his new position, he has done well.

But I think that's more to do with the league than the ability of the player.

He is no where near creative enough to play there in the championship imo.