Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood 2-4 Wanderers

burnden

top top day out.my seat was front row next to dug out .just a fucking blast from start to finish. Rosler looked me in the the eye and told me to fuck off .what a cunt of a man he is. my daughter got her picture taken witb max clayton pitch side post match todays game was the finest away she has been to she will never forget it.We all had one.The one game that made us a real bolton fan. She queued up with me for tickets on the tuesday we got the last 2 and we wernt together she wanted to go anyway.we ended up at the front watching that.What a fucking day we have talked about nothing else all the way home.It is what saturdays and parenting were made for.

Great post.????

By the way, I absolutely loved today from start to finish.

I just have this picture of Le Fondre glancing a header beyond the keeper and arms, hands,bodies everywhere.

This does not happen often following this club. It will stay with me forever. Come on Whites.

Sorry Jules but apart from Derik and Trotter they were all immense today. Vela also covered every blade of grass. My mate is a bit like you and hates Madine and it is personal following some poor performances by him now and then

Exactly. Madine could score 16 goals in one game and he'd say he was 'ok'.

Eddie

It's not irrational, if you look I praise when I genuinely think he deserves it. Today he was alright, but nothing better for me

I'm not afraid of saying when i think he is good so there's no corner to be backed into

My opinion on him was shared by folk around me too

Immense? Nowhere near

Serious question (and I'm not trying to be a prick) if you could have the run in with or without him, which would you rather?

For me, if we didn't have him for any game from now until the end of the season then we don't go up - the same importance as I consider Wheater or Beevers to have.

I still don't know where Derik's position should be, he's far too shaky in the defence, and with Pratley, Karacan, Vela, and further on, when fit with Spearing and Mavies all in the middle, where would he play?

I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Mavies in a Wanderers shirt next season. Just checked and he's 1 of 21 out of contract in June!

Serious question (and I'm not trying to be a prick) if you could have the run in with or without him, which would you rather?

For me, if we didn't have him for any game from now until the end of the season then we don't go up - the same importance as I consider Wheater or Beevers to have.

It's a fair question

With him for sure

But then I'd rather have a car that was temperamental and knackered than walk everywhere and get the bus

As I said before, for me overall Madine was ok yesterday but no better than an average striker in this league. for example, Ball was much more impressive for them.

Madine did some good things and some not so good things. I don't see the issue with that view, it seemed shared by those I went to the game with and those stood around me, so it's not just some kind of personal cognitive bias.

But "immense"? That's just ridiculous

Edited by jules_darby

Madine was dynamite

Marc the trawler man jacket is catching on, seen another????

Did he let you sit on his knee on the team bus back as you especially requested?

If by trawler jacket you mean that bright yellow mac, thats my mate. You'd have seen it the other week if you hadn't got Sheffield flu..... :D

Did he let you sit on his knee on the team bus back as you especially requested?

If by trawler jacket you mean that bright yellow mac, thats my mate. You'd have seen it the other week if you hadn't got Sheffield flu..... :D

jules baby such a little snapper.

Yes mate I wanked him off on way home

Sheffield flu ????????

Great feeling waking up the day after a brilliant win .

How nice is it to wake up with a big fucking smile on your face!! Just been for a early walk, Weather is brill, Scunthorpe lost last min, Wigan lose in the last min and so do West ham (I hate hate West ham) and now about to have a big fuckin fry up. All is right in the world.

Edited by DIPS

• Site Supporter

Brilliant away day. Fleetwood are a tinpot club with tinpot fans, we'll finish above them no problem.

Pratley was a revelation, I bet he's stiff as a broom today, put a real bursting shift in. To be fair, I thought everyone played their part. Derek's passing was a bit poor but break up play was good and he was our poorest player on the day.

I don't really rate Dervite but he was one of our better players, maybe this is his level? All credit though, I want all our players to play well every game

Top day out. Top performance. Every man take a bow, they played like absolute trojans (including Madine, Dervite and especially Pratley). Stood at the side of Tomski and GIF Man Dan, thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Ended up in that Irish bar opposite North Pier then a good few pints up Leigh. Might have to get out of bed soon.