Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rip Scotts Bar

Burndens Bogs

Lack decent boozers in close vicinity to the station/ motorway really does take the edge off for me and makes games easily missable.

Last time I got the train was Leeds at home. Had 8 pints. Paid nearly £4 for each. All in plastic pots and flat as fuck.

I'd love to make the trip to barnstormers but it's fuckin miles away for my dad especially. That gaff towards Chorley near motorway bridge is ok but again just too far. No good for a quick two pint and driver.

Need harvesters to get made into a big fuck off 3 floor Wetherspoons with underground parking and direct secret road to the M61 for me only.

do people still drink in hollywood bowl on match days?

what was the name of the boozer next to it years ago?  i think it closed after it booted off in there when we played united

the greenwood is a miss, used to get busy and a decent atmosphere on match days

Edited by L/H White

I always thought mill house was alright match day. Didn't go in old Orleans much. It's old ground this but parking up on a retail park and wandering past some of the new restaurant bars on middlebrook is hardly walking down Manny road. Stuck with it now though. Best pub matchday is brainstormers. Actually feels like a football pub

do people still drink in hollywood bowl on match days?

what was the name of the boozer next to it years ago?  i think it closed after it booted off in there when we played united

the greenwood is a miss, used to get busy and a decent atmosphere on match days

serve staropramen on draught now

was barnstormers not an away fans boozer? or has all that changed now?

Last couple of games they seem to be having problems with there ale - a lot of pints being returned which is unusual for that place

No argument at changing them though

when did it become Scotts...2006ish? Not a bad run. Remember Harvester being impossible to get served at while it was being redone that time, not to mention the lingering sick smell at a certain point of the bar.

was Mill House the one with big screens and you could get pitchers in without waiting too long or spending that much..?

• Site Supporter

Scott's has had the most expensive decorating job ever. Looks the same from my vantage point in harvester

I thought the same. No different. Shop fitting team must be on a good screw.

Certainly do miss Greenwood for pre and post match drinking, proper pub and was a great staging post to move on into Horwich or Bolton from.

We go in hotel now. Sacked Scotts off for most of the reasons above, can get a decent drink, in a glass, and in pitchers that secretly hold more pints than advertised