Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale 0-2 Wanderers

globaldiver

Took my 4 year old son to his first ever away game yesterday. from the moment we arrived yesterday the lad was in awe of the atmosphere and what was happening around them! At a time when all you see on tv is the big premier league clubs. I'm confident that yesterday will live with him forever and Bwfc now runs through his veins! So much so I'm in trouble with mrs after she caught him chanting wanky wanderers this afternoon!

I love this club!

Took my 4 year old son to his first ever away game yesterday. from the moment we arrived yesterday the lad was in awe of the atmosphere and what was happening around them! At a time when all you see on tv is the big premier league clubs. I'm confident that yesterday will live with him forever and Bwfc now runs through his veins! So much so I'm in trouble with mrs after she caught him chanting wanky wanderers this afternoon!

I love this club!

Superb stuff Iggy,

Priceless and unforgettable memories for your son.

Born to be a Wanderer...............

I love this club!

Told my lad today, your mates might support bigger and better clubs and win more games on sky but you'll have a better time watching bolton.

Told my lad today, your mates might support bigger and better clubs and win more games on sky but you'll have a better time watching bolton.

I said exactly the same to my lad but I stopped at the 'bigger' as I couldn't bring myself to say that there were 'better' clubs rather more successful clubs but I understand your point. I love this club Edited by Salford Trotter

I love this club!

My daughter was the same, she is 12.

Up on the seats, singing away.

Honestly she was buzzing when we got back.

Not sure life in north upper will quite be the same.

To all the 4500 Wanderers at the game - thank you - you've created another lifetime fan!!

Been taking my 9 year old to home games since we were relegated from the Prem (he has a season ticket) but at times it's been difficult to maintain his interest, particularly with the journey over the M62 each match.

We went to the game on Saturday, he stood on his seat all game, right behind the goal, celebrated wildly when we scored, and by the end was chanting away to songs I didn't even know he knew. All the guys around us were great, made him feel special and kept making sure he was ok.

When we got back to the car I asked him what he thought- "loved it Dad, can we get an Away season ticket?"

Brought a tear to my eye!!

To all the 4500 Wanderers at the game - thank you - you've created another lifetime fan!!

Been taking my 9 year old to home games since we were relegated from the Prem (he has a season ticket) but at times it's been difficult to maintain his interest, particularly with the journey over the M62 each match.

We went to the game on Saturday, he stood on his seat all game, right behind the goal, celebrated wildly when we scored, and by the end was chanting away to songs I didn't even know he knew. All the guys around us were great, made him feel special and kept making sure he was ok.

When we got back to the car I asked him what he thought- "loved it Dad, can we get an Away season ticket?"

Brought a tear to my eye!!

Blimey we met a couple of Bolton fans from Leeds on station Saturday. Biggest club in Yorkshire at this rate.

Special thanks to Adlington White for the ticket .

Spent first half with him and mates . All calm first half

Second half I moved down to corner flag bit as My wife was there with The horwich lot. . Wheater scored and we were in the aisle my wife flew about 40 feet as everyone surged forward I had to grab her and pull her to the side as she s only small .

After about 4 or 5 seconds my wife started to go ballistic again singing that we were going up . It's her first real taste of a true 'old school' goal celebration.

With very few grounds with standing area a lot of the younger element or new fans will not have had that total feeling of uncontrollable euphoria as your hugging random people whilst moving uncontrollably backwards and forwards with no ability to control your movement s

Thank you wheater, the aisle and bwfc for recreating something I thought was long gone . Fuckin amazing day