Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Video Assistant Referee

Underpants

• Site Supporter

Reckon we'll all become experts if this var carries on. Either that or take a book for the intermissions.

Daft thing last night was not be able to see the ball properly with the snow. Got loads of technology but not a visible ball.

Part of the issue is that every other sport using VAR actually shows it in the stadium and then has the referee announcing the decision and reason. That Spurs v Rochdale game created more VAR talking points than it answered.

TV replays regularly show a difference of opinion between 'experts'. VAR is no different.

In my opinion the refs decision is final.

Assuming of course he has the balls to stand up to the big clubs and give a honest decision.

On a slightly different tack I like the citing rule in RU and think this could eradicate a lot of cheating if the culprits were sufficiently banned when found guilty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Not sure there's going to be a world cup; or at least one where all players are happy to go.

I know your'e supposed to keep sport and politics separate, but surely there's going to be a degree of discomfort, especially with our lot, players are human after all. (Except perhaps Russians)

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

What happens at full time?

Imagine a goal mouth scramble, backs to the wall style in the last minute of game. Ball booted clear, refbows and place goes nuts.

Then VAR spots something and players are pulled back on for a penalty.

I can’t believe not more is being done to stop this happening.

It’s going to kill the game.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
Just now, deane koontz said:

There was just a pen given by var in the flatdick game for "handball" . Shit was ridiculous.

I have no idea why I'm watching this tbh

VAR wasnt the issue with that

The issue is what is being classed as handball