Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"designer" Labels

Burndens Bogs

Bit of a sucker when it comes to coats, Stone Island, Canada Goose, Belstaff (mutts nuts that stuff) to name but a few that are currently pissing the missus off.

Usually Armani for jeans and whatever shirts and t shirts I like at the time.

Hugo boss seems to have lost its way with the amount of chavs wearing it now

There is no doubting the quality of the SI stuff, but i just feel a twat with the big patch on my arm or arse (jeans).

I guess a lot of it has to do with your age, but i much prefer brands with subtle detailing in terms of branding. I don't need every man and his dog to know i'm wearing something well made and pricey.

Thats my big grip with a lot of the Boss stuff recently, aimed at the teens and mid-20's with big logos.

There is no doubting the quality of the SI stuff, but i just feel a twat with the big patch on my arm or arse (jeans).

I guess a lot of it has to do with your age, but i much prefer brands with subtle detailing in terms of branding. I don't need every man and his dog to know i'm wearing something well made and pricey.

Thats my big grip with a lot of the Boss stuff recently, aimed at the teens and mid-20's with big logos.

I think you can buy well made stuff without the fancy label that is far cheaper myself.

So if you don't want to flaunt the label, not sure in many cases (there are a few areas I'd exempt such as coats) why you'd bother. 

• Site Supporter

Did you ever think of un-buttoning the label and wearing your Stone Island clothing for the fact they are "Quality, well made clothes." rather than because they have a label saying "I paid a fortune for this jumper!" on the sleeve?

If only no balls still posted she'd let us know.

I’m in textile game and a few years back I came across a factory making Lacoste tshirts who lost the business because they got undercut by another factory can’t remember exact price they were charging but I’m sure it was under 3$ for a tshirt that was retailing about £60 at the time.

The North Face still make some decent high end stuff, but these days they seem more interested in knocking out the cheap stuff to Schoolkids in places like JD Sports etc.

The latest range in Oi Polloi and similar places is brilliant, the scrote tastic stuff they peddle in JD, Footasylum etc is shite.

I'd love one of their jackets with Junya Watanabe but £2k for a coat is a touch silly.

Aye I'm still a sucker for designer clobber. I thought I'd have succumbed to shopping in next by now but just can't see myself doing it.

Paul Smith Jeans are the best fit for me.

The last 8-9 things I've bought have been from terraces in stoke. Superb service and quality. Buy cheap you buy twice imo.

Each to their own like, but I'd rather pay a few bob extra abs get better quality.

My days of £300 jackets are probably at an end mind :D

As for stone island and CP, for me it's the best quality out there. They make some belting stuff, think we've gone past the badge being a m0ng magnet and come through the other side to be honest.

I couldn't give a fuck what the label is, it it's decent and looks good I'll wear it.

• Site Supporter

It's a lot of money to look like a hot water tank

It's against the law to use a jacket to maintain heat for a hot water tank these days.

We now coat them with a thick layer of foam that meets strict EU standards and assures the owner of a quicker heat recovery time thus lowering bills and carbon footprint.

It's also more aesthetically pleasing than a steroid-fuelled barrel of anger down the pub.

I’ve been a sucker for SI gear for years. Love it and always been top quality.

Diesel jeans I’ve found are best for me.

Recently Pretty Green and Paul Smith have been doing some nice things.

Hugo Boss do the best all round clobber though.

Edited by Gumbo