Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa

globaldiver

Parky has rotated the full backs very well ..... Flanagan looks a v good player the only curve ball is Darby who looks out his depth at this level.

Burke looked very good yesterday

Darby not up to this level I’d take Burke based on his last 2 performances there is obvious potential and he could be a steal however I think he’s highly rated at West Ham.

I’m not sure why folk think Burke will be unwanted and available for peanuts? Has something been said

I don't know when his contract with them expires but even if they survive this year are they likely to risk him in another relegation battle next season? A couple of cup games suggests to me he's not going to make it there. Whether they'll let him go cheaply or not..

Leeds home, came on as sub at 1-3 down. Wish he'd started because he was a massive improvement.

Norwich away midfield role, clean sheet. check the match thread for comments.

Sheff Wed away solid. goal came from full backs position.

Villa home solid. clean sheet.

Reading away solid.

That is five without too much homework.

Edited by Farrelli

Leeds home, came on as sub at 1-3 down. Wish he'd started because he was a massive improvement.

Norwich away midfield role, clean sheet. check the match thread for comments.

Sheff Wed away solid. goal came from full backs position.

Villa home solid. clean sheet.

Reading away solid.

That is five without too much homework.

He wasn’t very good before Christmas he’s been better since he returned.

I think he was excellent yesterday, reading and sheff Wednesday were poor teams, Leeds they stopped at 3-1 up and Norwich we were played off the park. More performances like yesterday and I’ll start to believe.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I don't know when his contract with them expires but even if they survive this year are they likely to risk him in another relegation battle next season? A couple of cup games suggests to me he's not going to make it there. Whether they'll let him go cheaply or not..

Pretty sure he had signed a new long term deal before he signed. I think they rate him highly down there. Maybe another loan but that’s all I can see sadly

Burke for me isn't going to be a regular for West ham, they are the Barcelona of London they are going to want better. Same with Robinson can't see Everton giving him much game time

Coming to bolton would be great for their careers and also good for us and I bet they've enjoyed the experience. Ken will get them in

Well Robinson is on his way to being a USMNT player having been called up to the squad today.

He's probably more suited to being a wing back than a full back but he's been a good player for us

For me he’s been shaky as fuck as a LB

However agree as a wing back (he’s best game prob Sheff U away) he’s better

He still struggles to kick it sometimes

I’d play Taylor in a back 4

I know I’ve heard of some right wintry matches at Burnden,

but since watching us at the Macron I’ve never seen snow like that.

Felt weird at first, fair play to the fans though, near 20k in that was tremendous

Not tremendous at all to be honest. Thousands of bolton ticket holders didn't turn up, definitely less than 10k on. Fairly embarrassing really.

For me he’s been shaky as fuck as a LB

However agree as a wing back (he’s best game prob Sheff U away) he’s better

He still struggles to kick it sometimes

I’d play Taylor in a back 4

Robinson is great as a wing back, also been suitably impressed with little this season going forward.

• Moderators

Well Robinson is on his way to being a USMNT player having been called up to the squad today.

He's probably more suited to being a wing back than a full back but he's been a good player for us

Just seen that, had no idea he was eligible

When was the last time we had an international call up?