Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa

globaldiver

Good ground out win that

Villa had some decent chances which they squandered or we defended brilliantly, bit never felt we were under the cosh or owt

For as well as Buckley broke forward at every opportunity when he got to the final 3rd he didn't seem to know what to do, he wasn't shit but he wasn't great, he just kept letting himself down

Highlight was the steward having a crack at their fan who was being carted out

That’s how I saw it with Buckley

He does offer decent cover for our LB ill give him that, however going forward he’s not very good in my opinion

When we broke out and he had the ball he could either keep running or try and play ALF through who was free, he froze up and it ended up coming back to our defence

Chatting with some Reading lads tonight.

Agree with them that we have average players who try their bollocks off for each other and Parky. They have some big money names who don't do either.

They would take Parky in a heartbeat to replace Stam and I can't blame them.

Summer 2018 transfer saga that

Brilliant performance and we played some great football. It was a team effort, Derik covered the ground and Flanagan has a good nasty streak to him. Great to see Sammi get around and mesmerise them. Alf was a pain in the arse for them and Terry will have a headache.

Soft southern whining shandy drinking cunts hate inclement weather so I was supremely confident of a win and this one is a kick in the bollocks to the teams below us. We are staying up.

COYFWM

Can only imagine how much Birmingham will have been buzzing with their win....and then how crushing to see us win. Or maybe they’ve written off hope of catching us and we’ve got nowt to worry about?!

Thought that myself.  End their five losses on the bounce and then see that gain immediately lost when it wasn't expected.

Not what they needed to see going into the break.  Still think Brum may get a few results but Reading and Barnsley, not so much.

After reading some of that, I'd be quite happy if they dropped out of the playoff positions.

Clueless the lot of them.

Had a quick look.   Surely all kids?   

Villa are a big club but those fans seem to think they've been competing with Barca for the last few years.  #deluded

I'd have to agree with Andrew's assessment that they are a group of individuals and not a team.  Didn't want it as much as us and that's massive credit to Parky

'We lost to a shit goal, scored by a shit player, in a shit team, playing in a shit league. Not sure what that makes us, but the weather was a bit shit. 

Shit.:)

Edited by madthatter

When you look at the games left Brum have an easy run in and they will stay up. I reckon it will be Sunderland, Burton and Reading.

We should piss it now

I'm not sure any run in is "easy" when you're in the bottom 3

• Moderators

That’s my prediction, reading have some bad fixtures

They've gor ipswich and Sunderland at home

brum only one win in 8 and they are effetively 4 points behind reading with goal difference, so struggle to see them winning 2 more games than reading before the end

Do see them getting more than barnsley though

Outfuckingstanding.  Every player did his bit, we had more fighting spirit & determination than the softarse villa players who didn't fancy it, & we played some decent football as well.

MOM  Henry, an absolute leader on the pitch & knew too much for Grealish.

I'm cautious about tempting fate & claiming safety too soon but even I think it's looking good now. Thankyou Parky.

After reading some of that, I'd be quite happy if they dropped out of the playoff positions.

Clueless the lot of them.

To be fair, that was the live match thread, posted by those watching on TV with unscewed opinions.

In their other thread later, those that went to the game, they blame their own team.

• Site Supporter

To be fair, that was the live match thread, posted by those watching on TV with unscewed opinions.

In their other thread later, those that went to the game, they blame their own team.

Watching on TV you only get to see what the editor/director want to show you. You don't get to see folk tracking up and down the pitch creating space and closing their spaces down.

You also don't get to see Villa fans single handedly taking on the stewards, a steward taking a dig in the nose for his troubles, and he then walked up to that supporter as he was being hauled out by police and digging him back. Copper was a lot less than pleased about it and came back in to tell the supervisor to get him away. Funny as fuck.

• Moderators

Aye most seem to acknowledge our graft and determination outdid them