Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

World Cup

madthatter

Wilshere would, or should, have been behind Shelvey anyway.

I just can't understand why he's not in the squad. He's got a range of passing like no one else in the squad and would have offered a completely different dimension if needed. If we are in a game and we need someone dropping balls in behind the defence for the likes of Vardy to run onto, there'd have been no one better.

I'm not saying he's better, but did you watch Derby v Fulham 1st leg?

Tom Huddlestons range of passing is fucking insane. That mon has the full range

Edited by L/H White

Wilshere would, or should, have been behind Shelvey anyway.

I just can't understand why he's not in the squad. He's got a range of passing like no one else in the squad and would have offered a completely different dimension if needed. If we are in a game and we need someone dropping balls in behind the defence for the likes of Vardy to run onto, there'd have been no one better.

We just don’t value players that are comfortable on the ball in this country.

Has been our problem since time began and will be our problem till the sun falls out of the sky.

We wasted the best player with the ball at his feet in our generation in Paul Scholes.

Micheal Carrick as well. He should’ve had a team built around him.

I’m not a massive fan of Wilshire by any stretch but surely him or Shelvey need to be going to the World Cup.

There should be more than Newcastle and Bournemouth players that can thread a ball to choose from as well, but that a wider issue we will never ever address as a nation.

We will be hitting brick walls just like last time.

We just don’t value players that are comfortable on the ball in this country.

Has been our problem since time began and will be our problem till the sun falls out of the sky.

We wasted the best player with the ball at his feet in our generation in Paul Scholes.

Micheal Carrick as well. He should’ve had a team built around him.

I’m not a massive fan of Wilshire by any stretch but surely him or Shelvey need to be going to the World Cup.

There should be more than Newcastle and Bournemouth players that can thread a ball to choose from as well, but that a wider issue we will never ever address as a nation.

We will be hitting brick walls just like last time.

There is more than one way of playing. Liverpool are in a champions league final without that type. We have a side full of pace so are set to hit teams on the counter. For the first two games we may need to replicate the Liverpool high press to win the ball back high up the pitch.

Ideally we’d have our own De Bruyne to unlock defences but we simply do not possess anyone that good. So we need to build a team rather than rely on one player.

There is more than one way of playing. Liverpool are in a champions league final without that type. We have a side full of pace so are set to hit teams on the counter. For the first two games we may need to replicate the Liverpool high press to win the ball back high up the pitch.

Ideally we’d have our own De Bruyne to unlock defences but we simply do not possess anyone that good. So we need to build a team rather than rely on one player.

Replicate the same method as Liverpool and struggle to break teams like West Brom down line they do?

Or like we tried and failed in against Iceland?

All sounds great till you face a team with ten men behind the ball and same idea.

You say there’s another way of playing? With that collection of midfielders, and that manager, no there isn’t.

Against teams that come out and attack we can do well especially with Vardy and Sterling getting in behind.

We don't have anyone with the ability to get through teams with 9/10 players behind the ball.

To be fair though, if they're parking the bus I'm not seeing many teams threatening us that much.

As I typed that I had Iceland flashbacks and so now feel my comment is bollocks :) 

Replicate the same method as Liverpool and struggle to break teams like West Brom down line they do?

Or like we tried and failed in against Iceland?

All sounds great till you face a team with ten men behind the ball and same idea.

You say there’s another way of playing? With that collection of midfielders, and that manager, no there isn’t.

We had a pedestrian team playing pedestrian football against Iceland.

Southgate has picked pace and players with energy. The team has the ability to press win the ball high up the pitch and play that way. And then later in the tournament to hit teams on the break. We won’t win it, but we have no world class playmaker anyway. Neither do other sides. Make the best of it with what we’ve got rather than lamenting what we haven’t.

Greece showed you can win things as a team if everyone pulls together.

There is more than one way of playing. Liverpool are in a champions league final without that type. 

With an Egyptian, a Brazilian and a Sengalese banging them in for fun.

I see Belgium have left Nainggolan out of their squad. Top player him, was looking forward to watching him play.

Edit - He has selected 4 goalkeepers though...

Edited by Marc505

I see Belgium have left Nainggolan out of their squad. Top player him, was looking forward to watching him play.

Edit - He has selected 4 goalkeepers though...

Martinez has picked that red shit bag that everyone was clamouring for England a while back

Well FIFA WC ratings are supposed to reflect international performances, Nainggolan is only 81, but in real FIFA he is 86. Good for club, average for Belgium

Is this linked to a computer game at all? It sounds like it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.