Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manager

HomerJay

No qualms with the 20 odd games where we played well, just the 10 at the start and 8 at the end

I’m not saying you win every game, I appreciate you go on bad runs, our bad runs seem to be as bad as anything out there though

It’s not all the manager of course, the players have to take a big chunk of responsibility, hopefully we move a few on and bring better players in, that will help

However Parky for me also has to take on some of the blame for those periods, he’s not come out of it with clean hands given some of the bizarre team selections

If we have an option to change him and bring someone better in then I would take it, like I would with most of the players

Upto Ken to decide who is out there who can take us forward

I agree with everything you say there.

If there is someone ‘better’ that we can afford they come in. Same as any other position in a football club.

However the risk of chasing better is that you end up getting a lot worse. There were plenty on here moaning about style of football under Sam. If the last ten years have taught BWFC anything it has to be stability is essential for building.

So assuming no game altering amounts of money coming in do you gamble on getting better slowly with Parky in charge or risk it by employing a currently out of work journeyman manager or an up coming young thing like Coyle or Friedman ?

The debate as I said before hardly matters if we do not get some money in.

well it really is a simple game. Yes cardiff did go up. Without blowing anyone away which shows what can be achieved without going to the extreme style of football you think im pleading for

as would I but sadly with our current Plan A and no Plan B or C i dont see it 

But Cardiff had better and more expensive players than us. It shows what can be achieved with a good manager and a good set of players. 

Like Barnsley fans are saying "see what happens when you have a solid manager like Parkinson, their budget was the same as ours..."

See what I mean?

Entertaining football is not all about the Pep way, as long as we put a decent shift in for 90 minutes then I will be entertained, the majority of last season we didn't see that and for me that's down to the manager, getting the keeper to lump it forward at every opportunity is not playing football, sometimes its necessary and I get that but not for 90 fucking minutes and again that's down to the manager, Parky needs a plan B & C which he doesn't seem to have.

Football is moving on and it's leaving the old school managers behind and we currently have 1 of those types running the first team

That's just bollocks in my opinion. 

I never once thought this team isn't trying.

People mistake playing poorly with players not arsed/putting a shift in to often

But Cardiff had better and more expensive players than us. It shows what can be achieved with a good manager and a good set of players. 

Like Barnsley fans are saying "see what happens when you have a solid manager like Parkinson, their budget was the same as ours..."

See what I mean?

again, i havent said he wasnt solid. and what they perceive him to be from the outside doesnt always reveal the full picture does it?

much like when we got him and Bradford were giving it the old "oh enjoy the hoofball" etc etc. We all thought, well thats bollocks..its only now we see the full picture for ourselves 

Im pretty sure if Barnsley did have him and they stayed up they would be delighted. As we are. But also criticising how he got them playing....

Edited by barrycowdrill

again, i havent said he wasnt solid. and what they perceive him to be from the outside doesnt always reveal the full picture does it?

much like when we got him and Bradford were giving it the old "oh enjoy the hoofball" etc etc. We all thought, well thats bollocks..its only now we see the full picture for ourselves 

Im pretty sure if Barnsley did have him and they stayed up they would be delighted. As we are. But also criticising how he got them playing....

It was bollocks. How are Bradford enjoying themselves now? Parky was great for them, and since they lost him and the squad he built broke up they've gone backwards. And certainly they're not happy. 

Results are what matter. And our results in the circumstances are exceptional. I'd say those on the outside have a better judge of what Parky is than you, who seems to be entirely unrealistic about expectation given our circumstances. 

Bit like Bradford fans.....

It was bollocks. How are Bradford enjoying themselves now? Parky was great for them, and since they lost him and the squad he built broke up they've gone backwards. And certainly they're not happy. 

Results are what matter. And our results in the circumstances are exceptional. I'd say those on the outside have a better judge of what Parky is than you, who seems to be entirely unrealistic about expectation given our circumstances. 

Bit like Bradford fans.....

i dont give a fuck how Bradford are now im talking about their perception of him which after watching his side for 2 years is absolutely bang on.

you keep harping on about how fantastic the fella is, you crack on with that belief. i will continue to judge him based on what i see, which is quite a balanced view:

solid, done a good job. but limited. 

you pile in to every debate on here as though your giving this balanced objective view. its all bollocks. the view is shrouded by this constant pro PP opinion and he can do no wrong. drains the life out of me, much more than your mates football does.

i dont give a fuck how Bradford are now im talking about their perception of him which after watching his side for 2 years is absolutely bang on.

you keep harping on about how fantastic the fella is, you crack on with that belief. i will continue to judge him based on what i see, which is quite a balanced view:

solid, done a good job. but limited. 

you pile in to every debate on here as though your giving this balanced objective view. its all bollocks. the view is shrouded by this constant pro PP opinion and he can do no wrong. drains the life out of me, much more than your mates football does.

Because you keep trying to position the outcome as being entirely down to the quality of the manager without factoring in what was a good or bad result.

Like Everton fans wanting Allardyce out.....

Lets see what happens next season now. 

What exactly is route one?

A racking pass from Chris Smalling to find Ibrahimovich

A racking pass from Van Dyke to pick out Salah

A racking pass from Howard to be flicked on by Pratley, for ALF to run onto and Cross for Wilbraham to score?

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Did Sam Allardyce play route one?

Does Mourinho play route one?

Is there a better "Bolton" way, like WHU and Everton fans seem to think they have. I love to be enlightened...

Route 1 to me is playing 1 up front using a striker who isn't there to score or even assist, just to flick it on, win free kicks or long throws or corners. Generally route 1 teams will play their goalscorer either out of position (left wing) or not at all. There will also be no midfield passing. Massive difference between a long pass e.g. shelvey to a striker to run onto, and a hoof onto the centre forwards head that he can't control. BSA was route 1 without a doubt, the plan was to get free kicks and those pointless long throws. I don't watch enough of Man U to know.

Big Sam did play route 1 stuff a lot. However it wasn't that and no Plan B. Any side with Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Diouf, Stelios is going to be capable of playing a game more pleasing to the eye and on the deck. And we did - not pure and undiluted but we mixed it up with the pragmatic stuff. Anybody who says otherwise has a selective memory.

His inability to adapt his ideology away from home means he should go in my opinion. Plus, after the Burton game, in his interview he looked like he completely lost and devoid words to explain what happened

Iles breaking that it looks like Parkinson has signed a new contract.

Scenes.

Meltdown.

#ButWhatAboutAllardyce

He’s not. He’s saying it looks like Parkinson has been given go ahead to plan for next season. He’s on a one year rolling deal so doesn’t need a new contract. The contracts bit refers to offering players new deals.