Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

on the beach and love holidays had to resign from ABTA because they refused to refund customers

Whilst I'd never ever advocate anyone booking with either of OTB and/or LH, they've actually got a valid point/gripe with ABTA.

Client uses OTB / LH because they're cheap.
They're cheap because they use budget airlines.
FCO decide travelling to Costa xyz is now not advised
Client advises OTB/LH that they want to cancel for a full refund, which ABTA says they can have within 14 days.
Easyjet/Ryanair still run the flights to that destination and tell OTB/LH to get fucked.
So, to abide by ABTA rules, they have to refund the client despite not getting the money back from the airline.

How can that be fair?  

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Traf said:

Whilst I'd never ever advocate anyone booking with either of OTB and/or LH, they've actually got a valid point/gripe with ABTA.

Client advises OTB/LH that they want to cancel for a full refund, which ABTA says they can have within 14 days.
Easyjet/Ryanair still run the flights to that destination and tell OTB/LH to get fucked.
So, to abide by ABTA rules, they have to refund the client despite not getting the money back from the airline.

How can that be fair?  

That is bollocks. If the FCO says no then surely they should refund? What are you expected to do, claim on insurance?

• Site Supporter

Final day in Mykonos today having been in Santorini and Naxos. I’ll be amazed if I’m more at risk of bringing Covid back than I would have been if I’d stayed at home.

Ah well, at least my 2020/21 tax bill will be lower as a result of holidays so every little helps towards paying for the next one.

Bastard Boris and his useless merry men/women

11 hours ago, Traf said:

How can that be fair?  

Aye 

Sounds like the budget airlines being years there 

But then again, the government advice needs to be joined up, if you can’t go somewhere then don’t allow it and financially support that decision. Compensate airlines, travel firms etc 

Or just let folk crack on and have a holiday without having to hibernate when they get back 

• Members
11 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Me and Pud went there watching England in 2001, nice place but fuck me, the locals were stranger than a room full of remain voters 😉 

Me and our Maude went on a excursion from Corfu to Albania.

You're not wrong, never seen so many men in tracksuits with gold chains on, every car was a Mercedes.

Always felt a minute away from our Maude being kidnapped and trafficked 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thailand and Singapore added to travel corridor. 

You have to quarantine in Thailand though for 2 weeks under their plans. Currently you’re not allowed in unfortunately so my trip in December is looking highly unlikely.

a soapy wank at Annie’s will need to wait for another year 

They say behind every great man is a great woman and my great woman is 60 a week on Monday. Last year we planned a few options. New York, Sydney, a cruise or our normal trip to Prague .
Obviously things have changed. 

Still trying to work around the ever changing situation but was elated to hear that Blackpool has avoided any further restrictions.

Fish, chips and a stick of rock. The simple things in life are very underrated.

24 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

They say behind every great man is a great woman and my great woman is 60 a week on Monday. Last year we planned a few options. New York, Sydney, a cruise or our normal trip to Prague .
Obviously things have changed. 

Still trying to work around the ever changing situation but was elated to hear that Blackpool has avoided any further restrictions.

Fish, chips and a stick of rock. The simple things in life are very underrated.

What about the Cotswolds? I’m down here at the minute and it’s pretty busy