Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackburn Away

matty2094

36 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Its just that too many believe he is going to be a world beater due to half a decent debut; since then I don't believe he has been that impressive according to the player ratings. Got mugged today leading to their second.

He's not going to be a world beater, clearly. But against Boro for e.g. he made accurate passes, long and short, on the ground and in the air which as a bolton fan I simply haven't seen for years. We still won't score without a striker, or a proper manager, but Connell is championship standard which puts him in a minority of 4 or 5 in our current squad.

21 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He's not going to be a world beater, clearly. But against Boro for e.g. he made accurate passes, long and short, on the ground and in the air which as a bolton fan I simply haven't seen for years. We still won't score without a striker, or a proper manager, but Connell is championship standard which puts him in a minority of 4 or 5 in our current squad.

He’s just turned 18.

surrounded by shit players. Being directed by a shit manager.

in fact the fact he hasn’t been managed by Parkinson probably helps him.

Funny how someone with minimal ‘training ‘with the first team stands out. 

51 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

We hear no more news about proof of funds in next couple of days (I believe Bassini himself blamed this on Easter/bank holidays when asked today) then I'm panicking again.

Figures are being branded about like 5m needs paying in the next couple of weeks then other debts paying soon after 

few people on Facebook reckon players still not been paid 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yet again we don’t score.

We’ve scored 29 goals all season (4 of which were in the 1st 2 games), that means we need over a game and a half to score 1 goal. There are only Huddersfield with 20, Cardiff with 30 (both 9 less games) and Ipswich with 33 that are anywhere near as low out of 92 league teams. You’re not telling me that we’re the only team out of the whole 4 leagues that have what we consider to be poor players, or have had off the field issues, or play teams that have spent more money than us?

His approach to football is not only negative and one-dimensional but most of all every game is played with a defeated attitude. His excuses are already lined up for him, and his players, before they step on to the pitch, we know he is up against it but if he had anything about him then he would find a way around it, it’s not impossible. Instead you can write the script for the next game because it’s exactly the same as all the previous ones, nothing changes, there’s nothing new.

Maybe he has just been worn down and hasn’t got the energy anymore but whatever the reason it’s got to be the end of the road for him. I know he has had success in the league below but the whole club needs a clean slate, an injection of energy and most of all to be rid of this defeatist attitude.

Ta for the promotion, keeping us up (just) and being civil whilst it all went to shit off the field this year but the club has to try something different.

Sums it up for me, spot on.

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We’ve scored 29 goals all season (4 of which were in the 1st 2 games), that means we need over a game and a half to score 1 goal. There are only Huddersfield with 20, Cardiff with 30 (both 9 less games) and Ipswich with 33 that are anywhere near as low out of 92 league teams. You’re not telling me that we’re the only team out of the whole 4 leagues that have what we consider to be poor players, or have had off the field issues, or play teams that have spent more money than us?

His approach to football is not only negative and one-dimensional but most of all every game is played with a defeated attitude. His excuses are already lined up for him, and his players, before they step on to the pitch, we know he is up against it but if he had anything about him then he would find a way around it, it’s not impossible. Instead you can write the script for the next game because it’s exactly the same as all the previous ones, nothing changes, there’s nothing new.

Maybe he has just been worn down and hasn’t got the energy anymore but whatever the reason it’s got to be the end of the road for him. I know he has had success in the league below but the whole club needs a clean slate, an injection of energy and most of all to be rid of this defeatist attitude.

Ta for the promotion, keeping us up (just) and being civil whilst it all went to shit off the field this year but the club has to try something different.

This

13 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

For all the world it looks like we had a pre season recruitment policy for a walking football league, there's no pace or energy & not even a hint of skill or imagination. 

Pace and skill a plenty with Wildschut but he's well shit, but I'm not sure he's any shitter than Buckley and Noone. 

Ozzy has skill and a wonder goal in him as we saw against us but couldn't get a game. 

Vela no great skill or pace but his relentless running created plenty of opportunities. 

This season only 4 players have come out with any credit. O'neill, wheater, Joe Williams and luca connell. 

The rest can fuck off for me. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Pace and skill a plenty with Wildschut but he's well shit, but I'm not sure he's any shitter than Buckley and Noone. 

Ozzy has skill and a wonder goal in him as we saw against us but couldn't get a game. 

Vela no great skill or pace but his relentless running created plenty of opportunities. 

This season only 4 players have come out with any credit. O'neill, wheater, Joe Williams and luca connell. 

The rest can fuck off for me. 

I was more alluding to what we witness on the pitch week in week out. 

40 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Bang on Eddie

The Parky apologists won’t have it mind

It was obvious what was going to happen the minute that team sheet was announced. 

Once again, Parkinson insists on playing loanees and players who won't be with us next season rather than any fringe players he's completely excluded, or any further young lads. Many of that team today won't be with us next season. He's stubborn. He can't adapt. He won't change a failing  formula. This, in front of Bassini today was his audition; his opportunity to show he can unite fans and players to kick on next season. He failed, miserably. 

There is no way he's in a job come the end of this week. Times up. Thank god for that. 

Edited by Matthew1234
Missed a point off!

4 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

It was obvious what was going to happen the minute that team sheet was announced. 

Once again, Parkinson insists on playing loanees and players who won't be with us next season rather than any fringe players he's completely excluded, or any further young lads. Many of that team today won't be with us next season. He's stubborn. He can't adapt. He won't change a failing  formula. This, in front of Bassini today was his audition; his opportunity to show he can unite fans and players to kick on next season. He failed, miserably. 

There is no way he's in a job come the end of this week. Times up. Thank god for that. 

He won’t be sacked this week, not got the money. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just add bells to this post and forget this season ever happened 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He won’t be sacked this week, not got the money. 

I genuinely believe once Bassini is in, officially, and accounts unfrozen that the salaries will be paid and Parki sacked. This will then allow time for him to find a replacement for the enormous summer rebuild. 

The only other option is to leave it till his contract expiry (which I think is this summer?) But depending when that is, it could be too late and impact on our rebuild 

Just now, Matthew1234 said:

I genuinely believe once Bassini is in, officially, and accounts unfrozen that the salaries will be paid and Parki sacked. This will then allow time for him to find a replacement for the enormous summer rebuild. 

The only other option is to leave it till his contract expiry (which I think is this summer?) But depending when that is, it could be too late and impact on our rebuild 

Your the only one who thinks Bassini has any money. 

Shef United who we got promoted with are now three points clear in an automatic promotion place. Whilst Chris wilder comes across as a total arse, he set his teams up from day one with a philosophy and discipline that we are so far behind at this level.  Parky should have gone after Forest, simply not up to it

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Your the only one who thinks Bassini has any money. 

I'm as sceptical as anyone else about it, but he has had to show proof of funds at the very least. I can't see him coming in, and keeping things as they are. 

On radio Manchester when they quizzed him on Parkinson's future he was cagey to say the least. The end feels nigh, in my opinion, at least. 

1 hour ago, Eavesy said:

the fact he hasn’t been managed by Parkinson probably helps him.

Funny how someone with minimal ‘training ‘with the first team stands out. 

I'm sure there's got to be something to this, murphy, noone, buckly, hobbs etc have been in the championship their entire careers for some decent teams, they come here and theyre shit... Wtf could cause this. It has to be the training and tactics. 

4 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

I'm sure there's got to be something to this, murphy, noone, buckly, hobbs etc have been in the championship their entire careers for some decent teams, they come here and theyre shit... Wtf could cause this. It has to be the training and tactics. 

Thing that drives me mad is the rigidity of any system we play. No one shows for the ball, they simply do not move out of position. Any time we do get the ball it's a 75 yard hoof to the lad who can't hold the ball up for his life up front. I don't think the players are as bad as they appear, the system is stifling and the football is turgid. 

Don't get me wrong a few of them, I don't rate at all (Noone being culprit number 1), but I firmly believe in a system that played actual football, we would have been far better off this season. We got away with it last season and the one before, largely due to Madine. I know we went up from league 1 but the football was dire. Always recall Bradford away where lumped it long for 90, got trounced but two big lads got us a goal. 

Parki's been found out. He's one dimensional and he has to go. 

Edited by Matthew1234
Spelling