Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Horwich Boozers

MancWanderer

On 02/10/2021 at 13:13, Zico said:

Anyone been in the new Bridge yet? 

Was the place to be when I was underage 

Later became a rough drugs den 

Meant to be alright now

We went in when it first reopened. Was decent enough. Scran is fine and beer was decent. 

i like a few ales in Horwich and have found most restaurants ok. Like the greek gaff a lot. Went to the sit down chippy on the main road to get a take away for her nan the other night. brilliant chippy and looked like decent kebabs too. 

7 hours ago, Underpants said:

Socrates has the finest meat there is to offer. ITK fact!

It was a few years ago but I was put of Il Toro when I saw their kitchens the morning after a service. Not good.

In there in an hour. It's our go to reasonably priced decent food place. They have done a great job of the upstairs bar now too

Edited by Gonk

On 02/10/2021 at 13:13, Zico said:

Anyone been in the new Bridge yet? 

Was the place to be when I was underage 

Later became a rough drugs den 

Meant to be alright now

I know the bloke who owns it. He’s done a great job but the few times I’ve been in it’s dead. Shame.

• 1 month later...

Reet. Spent a few hours in Blackedge Brewery after the match. Plan was to move elsewhere but the ale is so good we stayed put. That Pike pale ale is genuinely the best craft ale I’ve ever had. On to Sokrates for the meze afterwards. Already planning a return trip when my mate is next up from Southampton. Absolute quality that place 

Thumbs up for H-Town from an outsider 

8 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Reet. Spent a few hours in Blackedge Brewery after the match. Plan was to move elsewhere but the ale is so good we stayed put. That Pike pale ale is genuinely the best craft ale I’ve ever had. On to Sokrates for the meze afterwards. Already planning a return trip when my mate is next up from Southampton. Absolute quality that place 

Went in Blackedge in the summer. Changed things around inside since I was there last, and I didn't really like it. Although not a good reason not to stay, we walked out. Went over the road to the Bowling Green. It had a TV and Austria were playing Italy in the Euros.

26 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Had a few pre match Pike’s on Friday night, superb!

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
19 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bet you weren’t saying that when you lived in Jonny Fold/Doffcocker “Village”

😂

Thing is, the proper Horwichers won’t even recognise interlopers as ‘local’ until they’ve been there 30 years anyway. 

22 hours ago, MickyD said:

Thing is, the proper Horwichers won’t even recognise interlopers as ‘local’ until they’ve been there 30 years anyway. 

It's longer than that Mickey, I've been here 40 now, and served most of them shite ale in Nibblers but still get an occasional 'look' from some folk. You really need to have gone to primary school here

• Members
38 minutes ago, Rice said:

Went into the bowling green on Saturday night for a swift one whilst waiting for my spice valley take-out. Like what they’ve done to the place and some decent beers on tap. Made it into a bit of a sports pub with multiple screens.

A few ropey looking characters in there though

I mean it wouldn’t be the bowling Green if there wasn’t an edge of being stabbed with a pool cue 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Always gets a good rating on the British Pub Guides. 5 Daggers.

I walked in once and this guy made a beeline for me, picked me straight out of our group and said you wanna buy any weed?

I was furious straight to the black lad. 

I had a pint and took my half an ounce home 

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Rudy said:

I walked in once and this guy made a beeline for me, picked me straight out of our group and said you wanna buy any weed?

I was furious straight to the black lad. 

I had a pint and took my half an ounce home 

Yeah, sorry 

We don't see many of you out and about

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yeah, sorry 

We don't see many of you out and about

Ive seen at least 4 black folk in Horwich this last few months.

The town council are obliged to have an emergency debate on the matter if the number reaches 5.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ive seen at least 4 black folk in Horwich this last few months.

The town council are obliged to have an emergency debate on the matter if the number reaches 5.

Yet the number only needs to reach 3 for scousers.