Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do You Support the Players Strike? Yes/No

Ruba Mustafa

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Torn on this.

Yes - In any walk of life I'd support strike action where an employee hasn't been paid what they are due.

No - half of em have been so bad they don't deserve paying, they're overpaid anyway and they do have that guarantee that they will get it eventually 

In any normal form of employment I would support them

unfortunately 90% of them haven’t done their job

so imo , sod ‘em

I would prefer the wages be paid to the groundstaff, the lady who washes and irons the shirts,the cleaners, and any other hard working, normal folk who love our club and work for minimal wages

Ie the heart and soul of this club

• Site Supporter

In the cold light of a few San Miguel’s, I’ve come to the conclusion that they’re simply not interested in the club and can fuck off.

It surprises me that Wheater has allowed this to happen. Of all our squad I’d have thought he might say the fans at least deserve better.

Bottlers, and as shit as Parkinson is, it goes some way to explaining why he’s been kicking dry shit up a steep hill all season.

Cunts.

I can understand their frustration and that frustration is rife throughout the club's non-playing staff who are due to be paid next week.

It's certainly brought our club's plight to the national media's attention, so in support of all staff at BWFC yes I do support the players, how else do you get the message across that were a sinking ship?

It's a really sad state of affairs!

35 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

No    Shower of cunts.

Of course they should be paid & as i understand it, it's pretty much guaranteed that they will be paid one way or another, but even these overpaid, pampered fannies should be able to understand why there's a delay .

Not if the club survives/stays out of admin, then we get to tell the out of contract ones (which is most of them) to go fuck themselves. Ask Karl Henry.

Mad that there are people who hold Ken/Bassini at no fault for not paying the players (or well, anyone), but think the players are out of order for finally realising they are being led a merry dance.

I thought we were all realists and it was fine for it to be every cunt for themselves? Ok, there is no money to pay anyone. Fine, well we can't play matches then.

Yes. We 'joke' they dont deserve paying but come on FFS we are supposed to be a professional football club and we cant pay our players? Come on no defending Sweaty are we seriously saying he and his son arent still getting a wage? How many other clubs are not paying their players over such a long period of time? Massive failure as chairman. Clubs a joke thanks to Ken whos taking piss out of us all - players, staff, contractors and fans

No. 

They know their wages are guaranteed through the PFA. They’re just trying to press the issue to cloud the fact that they’ve been shite all season. Except now they’ve simply given clubs another reason not to touch them next season. 

They also know they can walk away from their contracts for nowt but would rather go down this route where they would get paid off if they got released. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

No. 

They know their wages are guaranteed through the PFA. They’re just trying to press the issue to cloud the fact that they’ve been shite all season. Except now they’ve simply given clubs another reason not to touch them next season. 

They also know they can walk away from their contracts for nowt but would rather go down this route where they would get paid off if they got released. 

Come on. How can they cloud the fact they have been shite? We have been relegated with worse season ever in our long long history. The fact they are shite is not the issue. I thought the idea of perfomance related contracts was laughed off this board ages ago?

I really do struggle fo understand WW sometimes. Standby for tons of abuse for the players from same folk who never seem to direct it at the repulsive, shady, sly , snake oil salesman responsible for turning our club into a laughable tin pot outfit not fit to function as a football club 

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

Come on. How can they cloud the fact they have been shite? We have been relegated with worse season ever in our long long history. The fact they are shite is not the issue. I thought the idea of perfomance related contracts was laughed off this board ages ago?

I really do struggle fo understand WW sometimes. Standby for tons of abuse for the players from same folk who never seem to direct it at the repulsive, shady, sly , snake oil salesman responsible for turning our club into a laughable tin pot outfit not fit to function as a football club 

Call it deflected attention, mitigating circumstances. They know this is the highest they’ll ever get a gig (see all last season’s departures for reference) so it’s damage limitation ahead of their next club.

I really don’t see what excuse they have got given they know they’ll get their money either as secured creditors or from the PFA. 

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Call it deflected attention, mitigating circumstances. They know this is the highest they’ll ever get a gig (see all last season’s departures for reference) so it’s damage limitation ahead of their next club.

I really don’t see what excuse they have got given they know they’ll get their money either as secured creditors or from the PFA. 

The excuse/reason is that they have been strung along, given false promises by the chairman  via Paul Aldridge that they will be paid as per the contract they signed. I also think the lack of communication (mentioned by manager and players) is a reason for the decision to strike. It just adds insult to injury

I supported Heathcotes decision not to cater for corporate for same reasons.

I would support anyone striking because they havent been paid as per their contract at work. Fact they will eventually be paid by persons other than our esteemed chairman again is i think not the main issue

Just my opinion 

8 minutes ago, snowball said:

The excuse/reason is that they have been strung along, given false promises by the chairman  via Paul Aldridge that they will be paid as per the contract they signed. I also think the lack of communication (mentioned by manager and players) is a reason for the decision to strike. It just adds insult to injury

I supported Heathcotes decision not to cater for corporate for same reasons.

I would support anyone striking because they havent been paid as per their contract at work. Fact they will eventually be paid by persons other than our esteemed chairman again is i think not the main issue

Just my opinion 

Taking a slightly different slant on this, would any strike have gone through the proper balloting procedures and if not will they not be pissing on their chips with the PFA?

• Site Supporter

Yes.

Problems with ken towards them throughout his tenure.

As shit as they've been, without being in their shoes and knowing precisely what's gone on, it's difficult to be quite so scathing.

An analogy earlier about some folk having to wait long times for money, isn't really the same, as they're employees not companies.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes.

Problems with ken towards them throughout his tenure.

As shit as they've been, without being in their shoes and knowing precisely what's gone on, it's difficult to be quite so scathing.

An analogy earlier about some folk having to wait long times for money, isn't really the same, as they're employees not companies.

It's rare that I disagree with you mate - we appear to have the same view on a lot of things but here I disagree

• They are not poor and scraping along day to day - I know how much one player earns (ITK, fact, mate of a mate, etc) and I wouldn't be bleating about over £200K per year and under/around 30 years of age
  • They will get paid
  • If they were striking on behalf of those at BWFC on minimum/living wage then fair enough. No, they are striking for themselves
  • They've had "issues". Fuck off. Go and work in A&E on a Saturday night, dig holes in the road in the pissing rain, scrape a biker off the motorway when a driver hasn't seen him, be a peacekeeper in Yemen, etc, fucking etc

I completely agree with the concept of "striking" when an employer is fucking over the workforce. It's exactly why the unions were born and rightly so

But even a player earning a "lowly" £2K per week is probably earning more than the vast majority who are paying in week after week, month after month, year after year to watch the shit that they serve up and can't even have butter on their hotdogs, have their beer served cold, and even think about being entertained

They can fuck right off. No sympathy whatsoever. They've pissed on their chips