Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington away

radcliffe white

7 hours ago, Traf said:

KH doesn't actually say anything of substance in these "interviews", does he?

No but does anybody really in these match previews or sky sports 'press conferences?' Long since given up watching them the inane questions and obvious replies are tedious and embarrassing. You never learn anything or what the manager is realky thinking. Utterly pointless 

Yes but we get to learn how well the opposition has done and how they're in a false position.  And the respect they have always had for the manager, who after getting 3 points from 6 games as caretaker he's really earned the chance to take the job full time.  And its always good to confirm we've trained well this week and the boys are looking forward to the challenges ahead.   Oh and it would be great if the fans could really get behind us, they can be our 12th man.

Annoying berk that he was, Gordon Strachan was quite often a good laugh when a microphone was shoved in his face

1. Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"  
    Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off). 

2. I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

3. Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"  
    Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."

4. "I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife, Lesley to come and pick me up."

5. Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?"  
    Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish." 

6. Reporter: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?"  
    Strachan: "You're spot on! You can read me like a book!" 

7. Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"  
    Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'" 

8. Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?"  
    Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!" 

9. On good friend and former Aberdeen teammate Alex McLeish: "We even competed for the acne cream when we were younger. Obviously, I won that one."

10. Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"  
    Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..." 

11. Talking about Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."

12. On Eric Cantona's bizarre press conference: "If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap."

13. “Pahars has also caught every virus going except a computer virus and he is probably working on that even now.”

14. Reporter: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?"  
    Strachan: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there." 

15. Talking about being attacked by a Celtic fan while an Aberdeen player in 1980: "It's always great fun getting attacked. One of the highlights of my career. The fella who beat me up got fined £100 for that but they had a whip-round in the pub and he got £200!"

16. On his cooking ability: "It's embarrassing, I'm not proud of it. I can't even make myself anything to eat. I had to phone her and she said, 'I've left something to put in the microwave'. An hour later and I'm asking, "Where's the microwave?""

17. Reporter: "Is that your best start to a season?" 
    Strachan: "Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure." 

18. Reporter: "You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?"  
    Strachan: "I don't take stupid comments lightly either."

Strachan was an absolute tosser who always tried to take the piss out of reporters but went working with them the moment he lost his job.

Tomorrow.....should Verlinden start & if so, who for ? we're not likely to take a man out of midfield, so Dodo or O'Grady ?

or......should we save him till half time & then let him go full pelt all the 2nd half against tiring defenders ?

Plan B for me but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Strachan was an absolute tosser who always tried to take the piss out of reporters but went working with them the moment he lost his job.

Tomorrow.....should Verlinden start & if so, who for ? we're not likely to take a man out of midfield, so Dodo or O'Grady ?

or......should we save him till half time & then let him go full pelt all the 2nd half against tiring defenders ?

Plan B for me but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts.

Tomorrow’s pitch will prob be heavy if this rain persists - not a game for wingers

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Annoying berk that he was, Gordon Strachan was quite often a good laugh when a microphone was shoved in his face

1. Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"  
    Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off). 

2. I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

3. Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"  
    Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."

4. "I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife, Lesley to come and pick me up."

5. Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?"  
    Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish." 

6. Reporter: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?"  
    Strachan: "You're spot on! You can read me like a book!" 

7. Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"  
    Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'" 

8. Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?"  
    Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!" 

9. On good friend and former Aberdeen teammate Alex McLeish: "We even competed for the acne cream when we were younger. Obviously, I won that one."

10. Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"  
    Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..." 

11. Talking about Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."

12. On Eric Cantona's bizarre press conference: "If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap."

13. “Pahars has also caught every virus going except a computer virus and he is probably working on that even now.”

14. Reporter: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?"  
    Strachan: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there." 

15. Talking about being attacked by a Celtic fan while an Aberdeen player in 1980: "It's always great fun getting attacked. One of the highlights of my career. The fella who beat me up got fined £100 for that but they had a whip-round in the pub and he got £200!"

16. On his cooking ability: "It's embarrassing, I'm not proud of it. I can't even make myself anything to eat. I had to phone her and she said, 'I've left something to put in the microwave'. An hour later and I'm asking, "Where's the microwave?""

17. Reporter: "Is that your best start to a season?" 
    Strachan: "Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure." 

18. Reporter: "You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?"  
    Strachan: "I don't take stupid comments lightly either."

Who cares what Strachan thinks or says? Scottish turd.

24 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

s it going to be standing at the back, sitting at the front tomorrow or we going to have to sit in our allocated seats?

I hope it's the former as I can't be bothered sitting on my own.

@Stanleyhouse - how strict are your stewards?

Looks like there are only about 5 rows

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Leather gloves are ready 

breakfast at Victoria I think 

Just waiting for the taxi to 'Spoons where we'll be mobbing up with Baz32 and Mrs Baz32. My wife and his wife will merrily and manfully try and keep up with the big lads. Not a hope in hell!