Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

44 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But

it is the EXACT reason why accountants advise you to do it. To avoid the NI and a lower rate of income tax. That’s a fact. And that’s my point. An emotive point but it’s fact

end of 

It's not mate, it also depends on if you want to be personably liable for debts, if you plan to grow and sell the business, if you have a lot of capital, if you plan to employ people, if your customers or suppliers want you to be a certain type of business. Tax isn't the main driver.

I didn't pick Ltd to pay less tax, I picked it because my suppliers will not supply to sole traders, because I'm a one man band who can't afford to lose my house if one of my customers decided to sue me for loss of earnings. That's why I'm not self employed.

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's not mate, it also depends on if you want to be personably liable for debts, if you plan to grow and sell the business, if you have a lot of capital, if you plan to employ people, if your customers or suppliers want you to be a certain type of business. Tax isn't the main driver.

I didn't pick Ltd to pay less tax, I picked it because my suppliers will not supply to sole traders, because I'm a one man band who can't afford to lose my house if one of my customers decided to sue me for loss of earnings. That's why I'm not self employed.

I get it i really do. I had my own business for 3 years and sold it successfully and paid my self exactly the same way you are doing and incorporated it for exactly the same reasons. My purpose in paying myself that way was to reduce the cost to me and the business in doing so. Simple as that

i was fortunate I didn’t have to then deal with anything like this. 

• Members
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Not been out for a fortnight, am I best going to Tesco later at night or is at all much of a muchness ?

The one at Middlebrook has a queue so they only let a certain amount in at a time, think it closes at 10 as well.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Local shop on my street has everything you can think of 

always stocked one in one out but never a queue of more than 2/3

been to Asda once in about 3 weeks 

Used to be called youngs

Then, the little shop

Very inventive we were

Chippy was marys, which considering the fact they had bat on the menue, im pretty sure her name wasnt mary

1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

There's a 3 week wait for a click n collect slot at Tesco, anyone would think there's some sort of global pandemic going on.

Might go and queue later on just for the sake of not having been out for so long.

Went yesterday, just before they closed

Straight in, straight out, hardly any folks there and reasonably stocked shelves

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

180 U.K. deaths last 24 hours, sad news but good news in terms of numbers. 

This week was supposed to be the peak

Im seeing no signs that it’s bad in the UK.

As I said earlier, the news just aren’t reporting from hospitals or hotspots which I find very strange.