Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Aye, I've just found this, which confirms outdoor markets are allowed in Tier 3:

As you were.

My experience of Manchester Christmas markets is there is cock all chance of them being socially distanced, couldn't think of a worse idea

• Members
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

My experience of Manchester Christmas markets is there is cock all chance of them being socially distanced, couldn't think of a worse idea

I didn’t need a pandemic to avoid them like the plague

• Moderators
Just now, Rudy said:

I didn’t need a pandemic to avoid them like the plague

I gave up on them in 2008 when they got that busy i walked round st peters square like a Jewish POW being shuffled along for a quick shower

• Members

I gave up on them in 2008 when they got that busy i walked round st peters square like a Jewish POW being shuffled along for a quick shower

I saw smiffs there one year, I miss that big gay bear

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Looks like the Sky News Bitches Burley & Rigby (could be a new female cop duo) are in the shit, getting pelters on twitter.

I wonder if theres gone be a load of reporters and cameras camped outside their homes for the next couple of weeks..... probably not.

I bet thowd Cummers has got a sly grin on his face 😏

Do Sky News have a redemption garden where they can just apologise and say the needed to test their urinary tracts?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Looks like the Sky News Bitches Burley & Rigby (could be a new female cop duo) are in the shit, getting pelters on twitter.

I wonder if theres gone be a load of reporters and cameras camped outside their homes for the next couple of weeks..... probably not.

I bet thowd Cummers has got a sly grin on his face 😏

Cummers! 😁 

I reckon those two are absolutes for roles in the all female re-make of the 80s classic movie: "Lost Girls".

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boogs said:

Yep, went once years ago. Lasted one drink and sneaked away from the group to fuck off round to the City Arms. Was in the bad books but she's not asked me to go again. 😁 But the mrs loves the City Arms - best gin range in Gtr Manchester.

But my other half loves the City Arms - best gin range anywhere.

Can’t wait for a long weekend in Manchester again.

Just now, Steejay said:

But my other half loves the City Arms - best gin range anywhere.

Can’t wait for a long weekend in Manchester again.

So does mine, that's half the reason I was in the bad books 😁 

Ace little boozer that. 

13 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Thats the best description Ive ever read on what its like 🤣🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, boogs said:

Yep, went once years ago. Lasted one drink and sneaked away from the group to fuck off round to the City Arms. Was in the bad books but she's not asked me to go again. 😁

Same here. Wondered why it was full of blokes on their own. Thought it was a gay bar😊

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Thats the best description Ive ever read on what its like 🤣🤣🤣🤣

There's always one mate who's up for paying well over the odds for a fizzy pint of piss in a cold damp tent when you could just save the bother of going into town and sit down in a warm pub 

But he justifies it because he gets a block of smoky smelling cheese for £7

Fucking idiots 

Back in the early 00s you could get a mixed bag of German sausage, off a German butcher, for £10 and it lasted till march

Now you're lucky if you get a pork sausage in a barm for less than £5 off a Scouser 

Fuck that

Edited by ZicoKelly

There's always one mate who's up for paying well over the odds for a fizzy pint of piss in a cold damp tent when you could just save the bother of going into town and sit down in a warm pub 

But he justifies it because he gets a block of smoky smelling cheese for £7

Fucking idiots

The one in Leeds is a lot worse. The bier Kellar bit is expensive but ok s a lunchtime starter before a Xmas do. 

Only done the Manc ones on a Saturday before a game though. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

The one in Leeds is a lot worse. The bier Kellar bit is expensive but ok s a lunchtime starter before a Xmas do. 

Only done the Manc ones on a Saturday before a game though. 

Went to Bruges a few years ago at Christmas and they were just as shite 

Gent was nice though

I'd be well up for a proper German/French Christmas market one day but I don't trust the Muslims to spoil it

• Site Supporter

Last time I went to Manchester Markets, I was with wife and I needed a pee. Nearest toilets were adjacent to Town Hall. No issues so far.

I got back to that two-deck beer house and the yellow ShowSec security wouldn’t let me in. Apparently I needed to join the queue of about 50 people who were going in on a one person out-one person in method.

I pointed out that I’d just come out to go for a piss and wifey was still in there saving my place and my beer. Didn’t matter, go queue up.

We ended up fucking off. I reckon ShowSec probably loan their dickheads to BWFC as jobsworth stewards.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Last time I went to Manchester Markets, I was with wife and I needed a pee. Nearest toilets were adjacent to Town Hall. No issues so far.

I got back to that two-deck beer house and the yellow ShowSec security wouldn’t let me in. Apparently I needed to join the queue of about 50 people who were going in on a one person out-one person in method.

I pointed out that I’d just come out to go for a piss and wifey was still in there saving my place and my beer. Didn’t matter, go queue up.

We ended up fucking off. I reckon ShowSec probably loan their dickheads to BWFC as jobsworth stewards.

Recruitments for Show Sec need to have the mindset and the ability of a Gorilla these days.

7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fucking hate the M/Cr Xmas markets, too crowded, overated & overpriced. Always get the feeling it could be a terrorist nut jobs dream.

Yeah, somewhat takes the festive feel away from it when you see a copper with a big fuck off gun strapped to his chest at the entrance. 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fucking hate the M/Cr Xmas markets, too crowded, overated & overpriced. Always get the feeling it could be a terrorist nut jobs dream.

4 minutes ago, boogs said:

Yeah, somewhat takes the festive feel away from it when you see a copper with a big fuck off gun strapped to his chest at the entrance. 

And once you see the Heckler & Koch strapped onto his shoulder you end up looking for favours.

Do me a favour pal, that guy in the United shirt...