Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I wasnt remotely arsed cummings broke the rules.

I was more arsed he lied to get out of it, lied again and then lied a bit more including directly addressing the nation with the biggest pile of fantasy bullshit since Harry Potter.

Think that's what got most people. 

To be fair to the superior twatface he could've slung in 'I was watching badgers' or 'I was trying to access Driving Miss Daisy' into his litany of frankly intelligence insulting excuses.

michael-corleone-the-godfather-1972-7212

Edited by Youri McAnespie

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

Tbf to the Govt in terms of % vaccinated we are world leading. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coronavirus-chart-many-people-worldwide-received-covid-vaccination-uk-102423907.html

if you believe the numbers. 

They have also been very clear that getting to as many people as possible is hard with the storage challenges on the original one. Getting the Oxford one approved seems like the next big step. 

174 lorry’s 

Roflcopter

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Tbf to the Govt in terms of % vaccinated we are world leading. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coronavirus-chart-many-people-worldwide-received-covid-vaccination-uk-102423907.html

if you believe the numbers. 

They have also been very clear that getting to as many people as possible is hard with the storage challenges on the original one. Getting the Oxford one approved seems like the next big step. 

Hard if they are complete idiots, the vaccine lasts over 48 hours at normal frozen temperature 

1 central storage facility could service 95% of the countries population within a 3 hour drive, that still leaves 45 hours for a GP practice or Hospital to get them into peoples arms 

We have had millions of doses arrive in the U.K. (21 trucks worth), yet only vaccinated 500k in 2 weeks. They talked about 5m injections being made in December, at the time they knew full well about the temperature issue 

It’s yet another cock and balls job no doubt 

20 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Why not 

It’s the most important info 

Only reason they wouldn’t report it is if they are making a pigs dick of it 

I wouldn't be shouting out if all over 80s had been vaccinated.  Perception amongst some that only those are dying and it will be alreet to crack on.

It would seem that the vaccine programme has been facing 2 issues - supply and delivery. There’s relatively little we can do about supply - we seem to be at the front of the queue and government will get these when they’re available. We have much more control over deliver and it would seem to me that we need a new plan for managing this. The original plan of using GPs just isn’t going to work. Imagine being asked to do a second full time job on top of your already very busy main job. At a time when more people are using the GPs than ever because they’re scared to go to hospital then this isn’t going to work. Given the absolute importance of getting this done it feels to me like it would be better managed with something akin to the drive in testing centres. Assuming we have access to unlimited vaccines then you train up sufficient people to run drive in field hospitals on massive abandoned airstrips for example. Their only job being to deliver the vaccine 24 hours a day on a massive scale. Keep hearing that distribution and storage of the existing virus is difficult. Would surely be easier for the people to go to the vaccine?

Has anyone been to the doctor's for one? I've heard of two 88yos who have had it up here but they had to go to the uni for it. Another young extremely vulnerable is having it at the hospital tomorrow.

Know an 86yo who's hoping for a call soon and would willingly drive to the uni. Not sure it's going to surgeries yet though?

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

We have had millions of doses arrive in the U.K. (21 trucks worth), yet only vaccinated 500k in 2 weeks.

Pretty sure we haven’t had the millions delivered that were originally promised. Last official figure I heard was that we’d only had 800k doses. If that was the case then I’m surprised we’ve given 500k their first dose as all will need the second dose in the next few weeks. Given I suspect the next shipments can’t be guaranteed I suspect the numbers being given will be low initially to ensure we don’t end up with people who have had their first dose but can’t have the second.

Like others have said, the lack of fanfare over our progress is concerning to say the least.

Regarding dishing out the vaccine, I've just lifted this from The Telegraph, which might help explain why the roll out is a bit slow....

Ambitions to deliver approximately a million jabs a week are unlikely to be met until the roll-out expands to roughly 1,000 GP sites.

Officials said there are still hopes the majority of these could be opened before the New Year.

The roll-out has been hindered by safety guidance, which says every patient receiving the Pfizer jab must be monitored for 15 minutes after receiving the jab.

Some GP practices said they are now unable to participate in the programme because they lack the space or staff to check on patients.

Edited by Sweep

6 minutes ago, wiggy said:

It would seem that the vaccine programme has been facing 2 issues - supply and delivery. There’s relatively little we can do about supply - we seem to be at the front of the queue and government will get these when they’re available. We have much more control over deliver and it would seem to me that we need a new plan for managing this. The original plan of using GPs just isn’t going to work. Imagine being asked to do a second full time job on top of your already very busy main job. At a time when more people are using the GPs than ever because they’re scared to go to hospital then this isn’t going to work. Given the absolute importance of getting this done it feels to me like it would be better managed with something akin to the drive in testing centres. Assuming we have access to unlimited vaccines then you train up sufficient people to run drive in field hospitals on massive abandoned airstrips for example. Their only job being to deliver the vaccine 24 hours a day on a massive scale. Keep hearing that distribution and storage of the existing virus is difficult. Would surely be easier for the people to go to the vaccine?

If GP’s surgeries can roll out 15m winter flu vaccines every year on top of millions more MMR, travel vaccines etc then they should be able to deal with this as well, or at least part of it 

Add in Hospitals doing their bit with some other resources such as a drive through centre or something along those lines and we should be able to do at least 1m a week 

The fact that we’ve had millions land in the country yet have only got 500k out would indicate that the bottle neck is at our end 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

So what do we think the criteria for T4 should / will be then?

Whole country?

Area by area?

I think they’ll do the lot 

Do the lot. Shut it all down. 

Approve the vaccine, use vacant buildings to become large vaccination centres, roll out the military to co-ordinate the mass vaccination programme, Throw everything we can at vaccination, 

12 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Pretty sure we haven’t had the millions delivered that were originally promised. Last official figure I heard was that we’d only had 800k doses. If that was the case then I’m surprised we’ve given 500k their first dose as all will need the second dose in the next few weeks. Given I suspect the next shipments can’t be guaranteed I suspect the numbers being given will be low initially to ensure we don’t end up with people who have had their first dose but can’t have the second.

Like others have said, the lack of fanfare over our progress is concerning to say the least.

I found the 21 trucks piece on line, it didn’t say how many that equates to, just that it’s a lot higher than 500k 

If the bottle neck is genuinely getting it in the U.K. then make it clear 

Daily briefings should include all vaccination data, number of doses received, number administered out, expectation over the coming weeks 

Edited by birch-chorley

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Daily breedings should include all vaccination data, number of doses received, number administered out, expectation over the coming weeks 

Completely agree. The vaccination programme has to take absolute priority. Everything else is just tinkering around the edges.

Edited by wiggy

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

So what do we think the criteria for T4 should / will be then?

Whole country?

Area by area?

I think they’ll do the lot 

do the lot, no point in encouraging folk to go to Cornwall or Herefordshire for New Year

is weird though, drove through Cheadle and most things are shut, then drive through Wilmslow yesterday, and it's business as usual

The lack of reporting is worrying as anytime numbers have been ‘unavailable’ on any project I have been involved in it sets the alarm beeps ringing. Either reporting/controls are not right or the numbers are not as they were hoped. 

But based on the data above we are up there with the best in the world so maybe the challenges are not peculiar to us ? One of the challenges was that for some reason you can not break the  batches down. Van Tam said it is not like moving yoghurt from a fridge. 

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I wasnt remotely arsed cummings broke the rules.

I was more arsed he lied to get out of it, lied again and then lied a bit more including directly addressing the nation with the biggest pile of fantasy bullshit since Harry Potter.

Think that's what got most people. 

aye, and then Tories were queing up to defend him with bollocks like this

1 minute ago, Ani said:

The lack of reporting is worrying as anytime numbers have been ‘unavailable’ on any project I have been involved in it sets the alarm beeps ringing. Either reporting/controls are not right or the numbers are not as they were hoped. 

But based on the data above we are up there with the best in the world so maybe the challenges are not peculiar to us ? One of the challenges was that for some reason you can not break the  batches down. Van Tam said it is not like moving yoghurt from a fridge. 

Van Tam should fuck off then 

I’m not sure anyone of sane mind said it will be as easy as taking Yoghurt out the fridge 

However with £400bn spent and the economy burning down I’d say it’s a bigger priority than anything else. They should be clear on where we are vs target (target of 5m injections in December), not giving shitty answers to the U.K. public 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Van Tam should fuck off then 

I’m not sure anyone of sane mind said it will be as easy as taking Yoghurt out the fridge 

However with £400bn spent and the economy burning down I’d say it’s a bigger priority than anything else. They should be clear on where we are vs target (target of 5m injections in December), not giving shitty answers to the U.K. public 

No a journalist asked a stupid question about why it is not being rolled out to care homes. 

50 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I had the flu jab at the surgery. I think they were trained by Red Bull pit mechanics. One way system in and out, I was on the premises for less than 1 minute.

22 minutes ago, Ani said:

No a journalist asked a stupid question about why it is not being rolled out to care homes. 

Is that such a stupid idea, hundreds of highly vulnerable all under 1 roof

Part of the reason why the vaccine programmes work so well in schools is that you have them all in 1 place. When it finally comes round to doing kids I’d very much expect them to do it in schools rather than GP’s given the learnings from the childhood immunisation programme