Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
Just now, peelyfeet said:

2.8k in hospital with covid today.

1.4k 2 weeks ago

700ish a month ago.

Doubling every 2 weeks, not slowing at the moment.

20k at the peak, doubling every 4 or 5 days at a similar stage

So we're 7 times less, and growing 3 times slower than spring. 

That good or bad based on current restrictions?

Are they working?

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

2.8k in hospital with covid today.

1.4k 2 weeks ago

700ish a month ago.

Doubling every 2 weeks, not slowing at the moment.

20k at the peak, doubling every 4 or 5 days at a similar stage

So we're 7 times less, and growing 3 times slower than spring. 

So, in 29 weeks, we'll all be in hospital or dead.

Just now, Spider said:

That good or bad based on current restrictions?

Are they working?

They're working compared to not doing much in March, but they aren't working enough yet to stop the numbers from growing. They've bought us more time to see if restrictions work. I can't see the govmt settling for positive growth, they'll want negative so more restrictions will be gradually  incoming until they see a downward trend I think. Not quite there yet.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

One of the dads from my lads footy tested postive today. We both scanned in last Tuesday at training yet Ive had no warning thing on my app 🤔🤔

He possibly wasn't infectious then, they'll go off the date his symptoms started and his specimen date. And did he have the app on?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

One of the dads from my lads footy tested postive today. We both scanned in last Tuesday at training yet Ive had no warning thing on my app 🤔🤔

The algorithm works it out off distance, but outdoors the need for social distancing lessens

8 minutes ago, wiggy said:

By my calculations, if things carry on as they are, then we will have more hospitalisations in 6 weeks than we had at the highest peak in spring 

They'd add more restrictions before we got there, I presume. If not, Norfolk's the place to be, almost no fuckers got it there. Nigel Farrage's back garden.

• Members
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The AIDS will sort that out mate 

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

One of my mates was in a pub on Friday afternoon with 5 others, all scanned the QR thing with their phones, mate got a text on Monday saying he needs to isolate for 11 days, none of the others have had a text, is this how hit and miss it is?

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

One of my mates was in a pub on Friday afternoon with 5 others, all scanned the QR thing with their phones, mate got a text on Monday saying he needs to isolate for 11 days, none of the others have had a text, is this how hit and miss it is?

Could they have built up antibodies mate ?

Knock on the door today. Open up and there’s someone in high viz and two folk in full on hazmat suits, respirators, the lot. WTF??

Turns out it was door to door COVID tests. Happily did it. Anyone complaining that it’s uncomfortable is a fanny. Apart from adding the result to my COVID app though I’m not quite sure what it achieved?

The lady in high viz was desperately overeager to convince me to do it even though I kept saying that I was happy to. Oldham council trying to challenge the fact that their numbers are so bad? Who knows? Did it. Will add result to the app. Move on

5 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

The QR code is just a way of checking in to venues, instead of writing your name in a book. So if you've been in a venue at a similar time to someone who tests positive later, the app sends you an alert, instead of someone ringing you from the book.

The isolating for 14 days message is sent when you've been near to someone with covid for long enough for it to be considered high risk.

18 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

That does sound a bit shit. If our "world leading" track and trace is as shit as it seems to be, then it really doesn't bode well at all