Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Turns out i have no interest in behind closed doors German Football. 

See I’ve enjoyed watching it (I liked watching Bundesliga before hand)

I am quite hypocritical though as over here I’m not keen on football with no crowds. Watching Bolton behind closed doors holds nothing for me.

As a bit of football though it’s nice to watch something and the standard has been a lot better than I thought.

1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

Turns out i have no interest in behind closed doors German Football. 

I've not watched any as I've no previous interest in German football. In fact, I'm not that interested in any football that isn't Bolton.

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Definitely - there will be zero cases in two months

Deaths (7 day averages) are reducing by about a third every fortnight and by about half in a month.  Currently around 325 a day so in 2 months, being optimistic, around 80, which would be great.  But that's with current lockdown restrictions continuing, if schools go back etc that figure goes up.  Its a vaccine or cure before we get any normality back.

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Definitely - there will be zero cases in two months

It'd be nice, sadly it won't be the case, we'll still be seeing cases at Christmas, it just depends what is considered a small enough amount for us to try and get back to some level of normality

• Site Supporter

The only football I’ve watched apart from old Bolton clips since AFC Wimbledon has been when bbc showed the Oldham/Rags and Palace/scouse semi finals. 
I’ve not missed it 1 jot, I’m always ready for a break at the end of the season though.

i am getting ready to go again now though and I’m missing the pre-match banter. Time for this virus to fuck off now, we’ve heard ya - now do one

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Deaths (7 day averages) are reducing by about a third every fortnight and by about half in a month.  Currently around 325 a day so in 2 months, being optimistic, around 80, which would be great.  But that's with current lockdown restrictions continuing, if schools go back etc that figure goes up.  Its a vaccine or cure before we get any normality back.

Recent study states that the UK will eradicate the virus by end of September as long as social distancing is applied

14 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Recent study states that the UK will eradicate the virus by end of September as long as social distancing is applied

So if its eradicated with social distancing it means we still cant get back to normality because it will come back as soon as we are out of lock down. Its like expecting nobody to have flu, its not going to happen, but its only a problem if we can die with it, which means we need a vaccine.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

The only football I’ve watched apart from old Bolton clips since AFC Wimbledon has been when bbc showed the Oldham/Rags and Palace/scouse semi finals. 
I’ve not missed it 1 jot, I’m always ready for a break at the end of the season though.

i am getting ready to go again now though and I’m missing the pre-match banter. Time for this virus to fuck off now, we’ve heard ya - now do one

A lot of you tube clips, loved the recent Harry and England 3 parter (Hendrie and Mersin came over really well), England 4-1 Holland and Liverpool 0-2 arsenal.

cant wait for us to start again - love the days out 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, marple whites said:

A lot of you tube clips, loved the recent Harry and England 3 parter (Hendrie and Mersin came over really well), England 4-1 Holland and Liverpool 0-2 arsenal.

The responsibility of looking after Jr Marple easing all the time too - you’ll soon be the new Meldrew with delinquent son

9 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

A lot of people have banged on that it’s just a flu, which is right to a certain extent but as the elderly and at risk don’t have any immunity through immunisation it has posed such a risk 

As with any flu / virus, they don’t just disappear, even really nasty viruses like smallpox hung around for hundreds of years until a vaccine came along and wiped it out 

The smart money is on a return in winter aligned with the usual winter flu season - unless we get a vaccine 

Highly unlikely that it just goes and never comes back 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, marple whites said:

As well as Lee Hendrie and Paul Merson came across, Razor was completely off the scale as a complete prick. Especially the bit where he bollocked Merse for showing concern. 

35 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As well as Lee Hendrie and Paul Merson came across, Razor was completely off the scale as a complete prick. Especially the bit where he bollocked Merse for showing concern. 

Agree, can’t understand why they took him in the first place as he was never going to play.

20 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Agree, can’t understand why they took him in the first place as he was never going to play.

Because he is their mate and on his arse financially and needs the money. 

9 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

The responsibility of looking after Jr Marple easing all the time too - you’ll soon be the new Meldrew with delinquent son

Also the cost of aways  is going up with the ale and amount of food he eats.  Too old for family railcard soon and not far off adult ticket prices as well 

2 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Also the cost of aways  is going up with the ale and amount of food he eats.  Too old for family railcard soon and not far off adult ticket prices as well 

Two together card mate at least it will be some saving, regarding ale certainly from the start lads turning up in mass at a boozer will be off limits it will be off licence job imo 

6 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Righto - will look at that.

We have one these as Yoof is 21. Miles cheaper. Just so you know even at 21 they are a cost ! 

Edited by Ani

10 hours ago, marple whites said:

A lot of you tube clips, loved the recent Harry and England 3 parter (Hendrie and Mersin came over really well)

I enjoyed that series. Even the bits that were obviously set up to coax someone to talk about their issues was done well and that barney between Ruddock and Merson was for real you could tell.

Would be some piss up with that lot away in Europe!