Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

7 passengers plus 3 crew members =10

Only 8 bodies recovered

And after Prig had been to the Kremlin, talked to Putin and was allowed to walk away.

There's a 50% chance this was staged by the FSB to get him out of the political limelight. He could well be sat with his feet up in Sharm. Show me the body.

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How easy is it to "recover bodies" after a missile attack and subsequent crash?

Tricky if they're on the passenger list but not actually on the plane in the first place :)

I missed a train I was booked on just last week, but the records will show I was on it.

He's "probably" dead.

Edited by Wanderlust

• Moderators

I'm not into Russian politics or anything but I can't imagine a scenario where it would make sense for Putin to let everyone think he was dead when in fact he was alive

They'll never admit to it, but they never do

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Zico said:

I'm not into Russian politics or anything but I can't imagine a scenario where it would make sense for Putin to let everyone think he was dead when in fact he was alive

They'll never admit to it, but they never do

The suggestion being that a "deal" is agreed whereby he fucks off somewhere safe, secure and readied for life, in return for not being a thorn in Putin's side.

Keep the mystery alive.

I reckon he's croaked it, but the suggestion was that that could anger both his men, and a fair old swathe of Russians themselves, who quite like him.

However, now that Putin has said he's dead, he must be quietly confident that there won't be any sort of revenge/uprising.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The suggestion being that a "deal" is agreed whereby he fucks off somewhere safe, secure and readied for life, in return for not being a thorn in Putin's side.

Keep the mystery alive.

I reckon he's croaked it, but the suggestion was that that could anger both his men, and a fair old swathe of Russians themselves, who quite like him.

However, now that Putin has said he's dead, he must be quietly confident that there won't be any sort of revenge/uprising.

I think he'd rather just kill him and be done with it 

Deals suggest weakness

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Zico said:

I think he'd rather just kill him and be done with it 

Deals suggest weakness

Possibly so, and it's probably what happened.

The theory makes some sense though; if his army was to take unmbridge and have a go, then that's a big headache. 

Some suggestions they're not happy, but whether they can unite behind another leader, who knows.

I suppose these are the calculations they will have made.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Possibly so, and it's probably what happened.

The theory makes some sense though; if his army was to take unmbridge and have a go, then that's a big headache. 

Some suggestions they're not happy, but whether they can unite behind another leader, who knows.

I suppose these are the calculations they will have made.

Weren't Wagner troops being switched over to Russian army after the 'coup'?

If Putin says he's dead we can be fairly sure he is dead, Putin wouldn't risk looking a twat if there was any chance of Prigozhin popping up again.

& the Wagner group aren't much of a threat now, they're leaderless, spread thin around Belarus, Africa & Ukraine & have had their heavy arms taken off them.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Weren't Wagner troops being switched over to Russian army after the 'coup'?

Don't think it happened.

The group is large, and very wealthy- has lots of money making arms apparently. From criminal activity of course. 

Can fund their own army, at least for a while, and they could still be a thorn.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't think it happened.

The group is large, and very wealthy- has lots of money making arms apparently. From criminal activity of course. 

Why don't they just swap sides and fight with the Ukranians? Sounds like they don't care as long as they get paid

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't think it happened.

I believe that a few other mercenary groups have been offering them an option to join, still with Russian links. 

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't think it happened.

They'd have no hope in a direct fight with the Russian state; it's not for nothing Prig called his march off

The nightmare for Putin would be open warfare on Russian streets but I'd think all parties realise that's not happening