Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

• Moderators
20 hours ago, L/H White said:

Arctic Monkeys in Berlin booked 

Someone at the bwfc networking event yesterday reckoned they would have played at our place in may but we couldn't guarantee the dates in case we are in the play offs

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Andybarm said:

Went watching Inhaler last night in a tiny venue in sheffield, top gig. They get a bit of stick from some because the lead singer is Bono's son but they are an absolutely fantastic band in their own right. Well worth a look.

When you say “get a bit of stick” do you mean in the popular music magazines or actually at the gig? 

If the former, great free publicity.

If the latter, would son-of-Bono be arsed that they paid a fee to heckle him?

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Someone at the bwfc networking event yesterday reckoned they would have played at our place in may but we couldn't guarantee the dates in case we are in the play offs

They should have just went ahead and put the gig on them :D

Hoping to secure bkink182 tickets to

Seems getting tickets in Europe is easier than gigs here now 

Impossible for arctics Manchester, no issues with Berlin 

13 hours ago, MickyD said:

When you say “get a bit of stick” do you mean in the popular music magazines or actually at the gig? 

If the former, great free publicity.

If the latter, would son-of-Bono be arsed that they paid a fee to heckle him?

Not at the gigs, they’ve got a really solid fan base that have been there from the start. 
There’s been snide comments in reviews and on social media about the bono link. Either way it’s not important, they’re a great band and worth checking out. If you like that type of music of course.

22 hours ago, Andybarm said:

Not at the gigs, they’ve got a really solid fan base that have been there from the start. 
There’s been snide comments in reviews and on social media about the bono link. Either way it’s not important, they’re a great band and worth checking out. If you like that type of music of course.

I started listening to them a while ago and had zero knowledge about the Bono link. If a band is good, then doesn’t really matter who they are related to.

On 14/10/2022 at 08:09, emus wig said:

Dinosaur jr still got it fantastic powerful performance last night particular  highlights been there all the time and feel the pain .  

Amazing gig last night - one of the best I've been to in a long time. Lou Barlow made a cheeky comment about Manchester on a friday night being wild and London had better pull their finger out even if it was a Sunday. Seemed to do the trick.

My other half was laid low by her covid booster so went by myself which meant I could get right down the front and have a little bit of a old school mosh (seemed ok as everyone was about 10 years older than me!)

Amazing band - not been to a gig so loud in a while.

image.png.f1ac72c72f3069fcd1353838b3c86b65.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hugh Cornwall last night not the best if I’m honest but at least he’s not up himself enough to know that most of the fans are there to hear the Old Stranglers songs . He did one half his solo stuff which is ok second half all Stranglers Goodbye Toulouse was a personal highlight .