Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2022

Rudy

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's OK then. Bring back Savile.

A comparison between the two is ridiculous. Whilst in no way defending JLL's marriage to his teenage cousin, he was not a predatory peadophile.  Marriage to a 13 year old is still legal  (whilst morally unacceptable ), in many states of the USA today. Whilst we can all decry his personal choices, he was as stated, a musical genius.   Also see Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent, et al.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Offshore said:

A comparison between the two is ridiculous. Whilst in no way defending JLL's marriage to his teenage cousin, he was not a predatory peadophile.  Marriage to a 13 year old is still legal  (whilst morally unacceptable ), in many states of the USA today. Whilst we can all decry his personal choices, he was as stated, a musical genius.   Also see Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent, et al.

Seem to remember years back there was a bloke who did a social experiment to set up a social media profile as Gary Glitter 

Turns out you can be on the sex offenders list but you can still have internet access 

Anyway, the reactions at first were what you'd expect, dirty nonce etc but got plenty of responses saying they weren't arsed about that, they just liked his music 

On 29/10/2022 at 21:32, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's OK then. Bring back Savile.

You do inadvertantly raise an interesting point which circulates round from time to time, can you seperate art from the artist?

Wagner's views were morally reprehensible, but he clearly was a musical genius, Woody Allen's films I enjoy, but what about the man himself? Gaugin sexualised young women in his paintings and slept with many teenage girls in Tahiti, Jimmy Page was well known to like underage groupies, John Lennon admitted domestic abuse as have Ozzy Osbourne and others..

Thankfully, I was never a big fan of Jim'll Fix It.

15 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You do inadvertantly raise an interesting point which circulates round from time to time, can you seperate art from the artist?

Wagner's views were morally reprehensible, but he clearly was a musical genius, Woody Allen's films I enjoy, but what about the man himself? Gaugin sexualised young women in his paintings and slept with many teenage girls in Tahiti, Jimmy Page was well known to like underage groupies, John Lennon admitted domestic abuse as have Ozzy Osbourne and others..

Thankfully, I was never a big fan of Jim'll Fix It.

in the same sort of vain, look into Fritz Haber, helped kill millions, but saved billions

1 hour ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Probably been asked before, but which celebrity would prompt most mourning (on your part or nationally)? I bet there'll be a kerfuffle when Attenborough or McCartney go.

Attenborough, definitely.

The scouse cunt, not a chance....

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Probably been asked before, but which celebrity would prompt most mourning (on your part or nationally)? I bet there'll be a kerfuffle when Attenborough or McCartney go.

Bob Monkhouse.

6 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

I don't think I'd mourn any celebrity.