Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

See it . Report it . Stop it .

burnden

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Called Robbie savage a cheating cunt

the point being people get caught up in the emotion of the game 

20-odd thousand people called Robbie Savage a cheating cunt, including me. There must have been more to it. You don't get ejected for saying "cunt".

31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ive not heard racist abuse at Bolton match since the Burnden paddock and that was fans singing Id rather be a paki than a red.

It doesn't happen.

Last I heard was at BP v Wimbledon when one of theirs was sent off and the red season ticket booklets were held aloft.

The accompanying chant of “OFF OFF OFF” changed by some to “OO OO OO OO OOOOO…”

This is a box ticking exercise, does anyone really think this will make any difference ?  Have there really been people waiting for a dedicated number to report stuff ? 
Also what is 'disorder' 

It seems like these days you are either good or bad, nothing in between , what about acting a bit of prick and swearing a lot ? I do not mean chucking bananas because you think it is funny. I mean calling a ref a cunt because he has sent a player off and given a penalty then celebrating like mad because a black lad just scored against a team whose fans were dishing out racist abuse. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

This is a box ticking exercise, does anyone really think this will make any difference ?  Have there really been people waiting for a dedicated number to report stuff ? 
Also what is 'disorder' 

It seems like these days you are either good or bad, nothing in between , what about acting a bit of prick and swearing a lot ? I do not mean chucking bananas because you think it is funny. I mean calling a ref a cunt because he has sent a player off and given a penalty then celebrating like mad because a black lad just scored against a team whose fans were dishing out racist abuse. 

No.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

I’m concerned about these grey areas too.

Already worry about the lad on away days as I’m sure a lot of Dads do.

There are already potential life changing consequences for minor football indiscretions these days.

I’m getting close to sacking aways off personally. I’ve already been thrown out once this season & name taken etc and even the Officer had no idea why.

Homes are boring as.

Where this will end I don’t know but take lads out of football and I don’t want to go anymore anyway.

Neil has no jurisdiction over away games other than for who the club allows to purchase tickets. I think I’d be happy just going to away games if the club insists on mass-sanitation of the stadium.

Let's be honest it's just a job to him (Hart), he doesn't give a toss about BWFC on the pitch or the fans in the stands. In fact if he supports another NW club (such as Burnley, Blackburn ?), he's probably loving it coming out with these things knowing that he will piss some fans off.

However things like this are the beginning of the end for any fans who go to the match with their mates to have a day out on the piss, support the team and have some banter with opposing fans & probably anyone who shows an iota of passion at games, its just the next step towards ultra sanitised, happy clapping, Fulham type crowds, sit on your hands, say nothing - but please shell out for next seasons ST's 6 months early.

The club want your hard earned cash, but in return you can't move, speak, get out of your seat, swear, show passion and don't even think about winding up any opposition fans.

It really is getting beyond a joke. Customers not fans. Attaching "Family" to the grass hotline doesn't make it more acceptable. Family dont grass up their kin.

I reckon all them that blindly joined up to Neil Jong-Harts membership scheme will be the first grassing up their neighbours.

34 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Let's be honest it's just a job to him (Hart), he doesn't give a toss about BWFC on the pitch or the fans in the stands. In fact if he supports another NW club (such as Burnley, Blackburn ?), he's probably loving it coming out with these things knowing that he will piss some fans off.

However things like this are the beginning of the end for any fans who go to the match with their mates to have a day out on the piss, support the team and have some banter with opposing fans & probably anyone who shows an iota of passion at games, its just the next step towards ultra sanitised, happy clapping, Fulham type crowds, sit on your hands, say nothing - but please shell out for next seasons ST's 6 months early.

The club want your hard earned cash, but in return you can't move, speak, get out of your seat, swear, show passion and don't even think about winding up any opposition fans.

This in microcosm is the future in & out of football stadiums.