Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

Manager saying they struggled vs Wrexham because they had to have a lot of the ball and Wrexham just sat off them. Apparently Wigan aren’t used to that. And also they lacked aggression (which was a feature of their tactics in their last league one stint) 

Sound like Maloney has geared them up to be a counter attacking team this season. Unfortunately that favours them when we play them but we should have more than enough quality to win.

43 minutes ago, Traf said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wanted Wigan to win.

For all their financial woes, they've still managed to sign up a lot of young talent on free transfers and loans this window - from clubs including Liverpool, Newcastle, Celtic, Arsenal and Bayern Munich.

Wrexham may be an irritating movie script, but it's WIgan FFS.

I'm only grateful for the "your just a small town in Bolton" chant from the Wrexham fans.

15 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

For all their financial woes, they've still managed to sign up a lot of young talent on free transfers and loans this window - from clubs including Liverpool, Newcastle, Celtic, Arsenal and Bayern Munich.

I'm only grateful for the "your just a small town in Bolton" chant from the Wrexham fans.

Thought I heard that.

Apparently it was 'You're just a bus stop in Bolton.'😂  Was a bit worried about these lot after Sat but maybe Derby are just terrible? They still have quality up front but their defence & midfield looks very young. Gave Wrexham a good few clear opportunities and I don't think they played that well either.

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Might be a nice gesture from us to sing that to them when they rock up on the 19th.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Quite straight forward for me. A team playing in red with ‘united’ on their shirts. No brainer

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious too.

Plus Wigan are a busted flush anyway and I'd like the Wrexham bubble to burst

21 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:
  1. Aug 12, 2023 · Wigan Athletic vs Northampton Town. Sky Bet League One. 3:00pm, Saturday 12th August 2023. DW Stadium Attendance: Attendance 10,095.

Great attendance , tinpot cnuts

Wigan fans were actually crowing about their attendance on FB yesterday - “highest attendance in Lg1”

They had 9k home fans for the first home game of the season ffs.

21 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:
  1. Aug 12, 2023 · Wigan Athletic vs Northampton Town. Sky Bet League One. 3:00pm, Saturday 12th August 2023. DW Stadium Attendance: Attendance 10,095.

Great attendance , tinpot cnuts

Cracking strike from mcmanaman tbf. Very similar to what McLean did against us. 

Hard to judge what level they are at. 2 wins from 2 in the league vs Derby and Northampton.

Still have some good players from what I can tell. That front four looks dangerous for League One level.

IMG_4863.jpeg

• The topic was pinned
14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf that’s more than one in three from their home support from Saturday. The equivalent of us taking 6,500 based on how many we had on against Lincoln!

As a percentage it’s not bad. However, it’s 20 minutes away at their hated and despised “rivals”… 

Not sure why such an obsession with Wigan’s crowds. If we crow about selling 15k S/Ts, are Leeds or Sheff Wed justified calling us tinpot? It’s all relative, 10k for them in Div 1 is good just like 4K for Fleetwood, Morecame and Accy is.  It’s like other clubs can only be pleased with a crowd if it’s bigger than ours.