Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Liverpool 2

Happy Wanderer

Very proud of the team. Work ethic and organisation was spot on. Team selection brave but it worked despite the result. 10 players were unavailable tonight. Exciting times ahead. After a great team performance why do some people have to look for scapegoats.They are all playing for the shirt under Lennon despite any mistakes they might make. Lots of positives tonight.

Because if trotter stays goal side of his man instead of ball watching then closes down the man going to shoot on goal we are heading to palace

well done whites.Proud of you tonight gave them a real game. Made you think what might of been as Liverpool really are nothing special in terms of the money they have spent (wasted) but it still is a huge gap and we needed all our first team out there, seeing as we hadn't was a fantastic effort. I love Neil Lennon and really hope he is here next season

Had Talksport on for 20 mins and all they wanna talk about is the penalty decision and how Clough cheated. Going down easy wouldn't happen in the Premiership would it?

Had to turn it off before I crashed my car.

Proud of the lads gave all they had. If Eidurs header went in, the place would of errupted.

Mills won nearly every header in the first half and vela was again outstanding. Having Clough and Vela now as nailed on starters just makes me even more proud of our team.

NLSWA

People blaming Trotter are being ridiculous. Sure he could have done better, but we were facing mounting pressure. Might as well blame Eidur for missing a sitter to make it 2-0.

End of the day we should only be proud of an amazing effort. Our squad cost less than any one of their players. We have a massive injury list and had to play a centre half upfront. And inspite of all that I think we'd have won had Danns stayed on.

In the end though ten men were never going to hang on and there was just no option for an outlet to relieve the pressure.

Brave performance full of pride. Cannot complain at all.

Eidur, I love the guy but he's had a fair few chances spurned across both legs. Let's hope he's saving em up for vital league wins.

Before anyone says it I know he adds more to the game but he has been far from clinical.

Regardless, very proud of the lads tonight. Biggest disappointment was the scouse fans, quieter than any club who've brought 5 thousand in 17 years but erupt into self congratulation on 85 minutes.

If that's what you want from the game fair fucks but that sounds like a proper shit away day. Glory hunting twats!

It was a quality ball to sterling sometimes it happens.

Proud as fuck for the 10 who started tonight but Anewman is right; he fucked up and lost the game for us.

We are a million times better now than when Dougie was here though and we can move on next season. I am sure the replacements he brings in will only take us to another level

Great performance. Mills was immense but they all ran themselves into the ground. Liverpool fans almost as quiet as anfield whilst bolton rocking second half. With a fully fit team and lennon in charge no one will fancy playing us.

After the goal every stand was up and singing the place was rocking when we get excited the Place is superb just need it to be bouncing every week and we've the right man to do that in charge.

• Site Supporter

Very proud of the white but came away a bit disappointed.

The cause of that disappointment?

The fucking part time wankers who upped and fucked off as soon as Liverpool scored their second.

After the effort the team put in tonight and you couldn't stay another five minutes!

Cunts, the lot of them!

Edited by MickyD

Just got home. Gutted with the result but very proud of the performance. Dervite was superb and we should be building the team around Vela and Clough for years to come. Danns was daft to dive in with a tackle like that when already on a yellow but these things happen, I won't crucify him. Referee frustrating as fuck stopping the game for non head injuries and even more so in stoppage time stopping it for a Liverpool head injury who then decides he's alright and isn't told to go off and we get possession 70 yards further back.

People blaming Trotter are being ridiculous. Sure he could have done better, but we were facing mounting pressure. Might as well blame Eidur for missing a sitter to make it 2-0.

End of the day we should only be proud of an amazing effort. Our squad cost less than any one of their players. We have a massive injury list and had to play a centre half upfront. And inspite of all that I think we'd have won had Danns stayed on.

In the end though ten men were never going to hang on and there was just no option for an outlet to relieve the pressure.

Brave performance full of pride. Cannot complain at all.

Thought Eidur played his best game tonight since coming back; his miss was bad but his overall play was excellent 

Superb Bolton, don't feel overly gutted that we didn't hang on either.

Proud as punch and hope that entices a few part timers back.

We defended the edge of our area brilliantly, cutting out any balls to feet apart from Sterlings goal, and the winner was unstoppable.

I'm looking forward to next season already.

Mills, Dervite, Ream and Vela all outstanding tonight.

Thought Eidur played his best game tonight since coming back; his miss was bad but his overall play was excellent

Agreed wasn't having a go at him, just pointing out it is stupid to blame individuals. As a team we couldn't quite do it. But we had the best go we possibly could.