Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators
14 hours ago, bolty58 said:

All about context. Believable that Elba could be Bond. Not sure Barbara Euphan Todd would have envisaged her story being told this way.

in what way though? it doesn't make sense, to me, unless you seem to think she wouldn't like black kids in her stories, which I'm sure you don't, so I don't get what you mean

and what makes you think Ian Fleming would've envisaged his story being told with a black guy playing Bond?

anyway, Elba is far too old, would have to be someone like Chadwick Boseman

• Members
14 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

in what way though? it doesn't make sense, to me, unless you seem to think she wouldn't like black kids in her stories, which I'm sure you don't, so I don't get what you mean

and what makes you think Ian Fleming would've envisaged his story being told with a black guy playing Bond?

anyway, Elba is far too old, would have to be someone like Chadwick Boseman

I spoke to the trees and they took me away.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Fleabag. Just got to the end of the first series at the 2nd attempt.  One or two lines made me smile, titter etc but no proper belly laughs.  Is the 2nd series so much better that it's worth sticking with, or do I just not get it?

I got through 2 episodes wondering if it was just me & sacked it off. 

You - finished series 1 last night. Back to my original review - appears to be more of a chick-type viewing - but actually the dark side of it keeps it going. Looking forward to the next series - heard it gets even better.

Highly recommend.

Edited by Smiley

14 minutes ago, Smiley said:

You - finished series 1 last night. Back to my original review - appears to be more of a chick-type viewing - but actually the dark side of it keeps it going. Looking forward to the next series - heard it gets even better.

Highly recommend.

Series two much better 

Just now, Spider said:

Series two is ace.

Though I can’t help but think it’s like watching Andy Murray go off the rails.

haha!! Ringer for him! Hope (in real life) he gets his teeth sorted from the $$$s he'll have made from these shows!

• Site Supporter

Don't know if this is appropriate for this thread really, but this documentary about the actor/gangster John Bindon is fantastic/disturbing/jaw-dropping stuff... I didn't even know he existed until today, even though I've watched 'Quadrophenia' at least 10 times...

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Don't know if this is appropriate for this thread really, but this documentary about the actor/gangster John Bindon is fantastic/disturbing/jaw-dropping stuff... I didn't even know he existed until today, even though I've watched 'Quadrophenia' at least 10 times...

10 times? You & Skippy have found something in common!!!

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Spider said:

Gammon

"Fuck off you radiation-flake cunt. We actually earned our pensions in our day, unlike you lazy triplebipansexual twats who only eat liquid-oxygen soup" ~ Cheese, 2034