Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip

7 hours ago, Kane57 said:

For someone who is so tall and so dominant in the air when dealing with high balls, he's fucking rubbish at attacking corners and scoring goals for us like he should be doing.

😂 
First and foremost his job is to defend. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake Wright was the defensive organiser (very aware of what’s going on, always talking, shouting, pointing) in our league one promotion year and is actually bit of a legend at Bramall Lane after his r

Disappointed a few I know but how would you be on a day like today? Brilliant sunshine in mid Winter - at 9am received just over $6K as my share of a football punters club kitty which we decided to sh

Big Wednesday fan here. Kieran Lee has been one hell of a player for us. I’d actually say he’s been our best player since we got relegated from the premier league in 2000. Only problem is that we

Posted Images

15 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Jaidi? Put the crack pipe down son! 

Ha ha!  Rose coloured specs maybe, I remember thinking he was very underrated (nationally) but part of his standout ability was his threat at set pieces and his ability on the ball, not as defensively solid as the other 2.  Loved watching him though.  Just checked and surprised to see that less than a quarter of his games in England were for us.  Played far more for Birmingham in Prem and then Southampton (below the Prem).  

• Members
12 hours ago, Rudy said:

😂 
First and foremost his job is to defend. 

But when defending a corner, surely part of his skill-set it to be standing a jump away from heading the ball clear. Is it beyond him to use exactly the same skill-set when attacking a corner?

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

But when defending a corner, surely part of his skill-set it to be standing a jump away from heading the ball clear. Is it beyond him to use exactly the same skill-set when attacking a corner?

Totally different 

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

It’s almost like he was uncoached before us.

His positioning at the back was shite for the first 6/7 games.

Since then he’s been faultless.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Thanks for the technical explanation! 🤣🤣🤣

Defending it’ll be a standing jump which requires dynamic explosive strength and concentrating on two things, the ball and the man.

Attacking a corner, you have instructions where you’re going to go, need to find the space having a running jump, timing, anticipation and direction. Oh and a good delivery

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Defending it’ll be a standing jump which requires dynamic explosive strength and concentrating on two things, the ball and the man.

Attacking a corner, you have instructions where you’re going to go, need to find the space having a running jump, timing, anticipation and direction. Oh and a good delivery

and if there is a criticism, it’s this. I don’t think or remember much quality delivery from corners etc

Like Mascoll, I’m noticing fans wishing him well and “see you back here next season”. 

No you won’t. They’re on one year deals. Evatt clearly doesn’t fancy them. Their contract is up in the summer and they’ll never play for the club again. 

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Like Mascoll, I’m noticing fans wishing him well and “see you back here next season”. 

No you won’t. They’re on one year deals. Evatt clearly doesn’t fancy them. Their contract is up in the summer and they’ll never play for the club again. 

100%.

I don't think he's without ability, just a shite attitude 

Do we know if Hickman was an IE signing or a TP? 

Either way, another mystery how he was preferred to Darcy, in any position.  Attitude on the pitch looked fine, not like he was a prima donna type/maverick type, just lacked ability like so many other pre-season signings.

There was chat the other day about our worst players of the past.  Just noticed that Giles Coke has signed for Grimsby from Hereford.  He'd be in any such list, made 4 appearances in 2015 (including Blackburn away). 

Since 2012 he's had 7 clubs and has averaged 5 appearances per club, or 4 per season.  What a strange career.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Do we know if Hickman was an IE signing or a TP? 

Either way, another mystery how he was preferred to Darcy, in any position.  Attitude on the pitch looked fine, not like he was a prima donna type/maverick type, just lacked ability like so many other pre-season signings.

Darcy can fill in at right back too?

No end to his talents.

Amazed he's not been snapped up by another club yet.

14 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Darcy can fill in at right back too?

No end to his talents.

Amazed he's not been snapped up by another club yet.

Must admit I looked at his comment a few times and it still baffled me