Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

West Brom 1-2 Bwfc

Leyther_Matt

That made me smile. Gutted I’m on holiday . I’m in Bulgaria, wandered of from the all inclusive to a beach bar with SSN .... guy with a WBA top on... so got acquainted and shared a few stories and drinks. He wasn’t overly impressed when I went wild at 89 mins

I fly out to Bulgaria on Monday.

Last time I went on holiday on the Monday after the football season started was 2 years ago. We also won the opening game against one of the favourites for the league that year too. JSL.

Anyway, fucking tremendous performance all round. Well done Parky first of all for how he set the midfield up, especially in the first half. Stayed solid, let WBA have the ball around halfway, kept the shape and so WBA found it really hard to break us down, getting wound up in the process and their fans getting on their back.

Both Wheater and Beevers were excellent for me, blocking stuff all over the place. Lowe went about his work very well as did both Murphy and O’Neil, while Vela played his role very well to link between the midfield and the front three. No bad performances though Taylor looked a little vulnerable at times. Buckley did well but I expect YW will be likely to start more often than not.

West Brom obviously rolled up expecting us to thump us, but they were soon arguing amongst themselves when things weren’t going their way. Have all the confidence you want about going straight back up, but the cracks soon reappear as we discovered after relegation under Coyle.

Decent atmosphere - sat near Traf of this parish - and absolute scenes at the winner as you’d expect.

Ken needs to put in a transfer bid for the chefs in The Vine and all.

As were renown for our amazing lyrics....what’s the new terrace chant ?

There’s only one Josh McGennis...

Oh e oh

Super Josh MaGennis

Oh e oh

He's got a 24 inch Penis

Oh e oh

He hates the fookin' IRA

Good performance today under difficult pre-season conditions.

I'm a big anti Parkinson supporter, & feared he'd go all defensive second half & throw it away as normal.

He didn't, & fair play to him, ended up being a smash & grab late result, a bit of fight & bite to the permonance today, long may it continue.

Already ahead of lasts seasons points tally after 11, build on it & smash the carrot crunchers at home. COYFWM!

Btw I reckon gonzo is now booked in for months :)

We’ve created a monster :D

Well and truly hooked. He’s just booted the front door wide open shouting white army haha

Great stuff. Great day and great to see the same old faces bouncing about. Proper feel good factor today. Love it.

On the pitch, although their possession might show 29% or whatever but it honestly never felt like that and to me doesn’t show anywhere near a true reflection. We worked our socks off and substitutions were superb. Gary O’Neil was exactly what was needed. Bit of composure calm things down.

Feared the worst when amoebi went off but noone has as much energy.

I’m off to tuck the lad in and plan some trips :)

Come on you white men.

The M6 can fuck off by the way.