Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow H

Burndens Bogs

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Don’t know why he felt the need to control that.

Just instinct I think wasn't it. It looks shit but he's unsighted as it comes down so his foot isn't already up to volley it

He's not deliberately thought "ill control it" but he's not anticipated they miss it if that makes sense

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

John and Dapo have had a really poor half, the left hand side should be our biggest asset but they’ve not turned up yet. Hope they pick it up in the second half.

We all see it differently.  Our best 2 attackers along with Sarcevic for me.  If Fonz or Arthur had played to the level of Doyle last 2.5 games they wouldn't be coming out for the 2nd half.  Relying on his scoring record currently.

• Site Supporter

Patience and subs will be the key here I think. 70% possession in our favour.

The caveat being they are camped in the final third, but our decision making or execution in the final third has been poor. Most culpable are Doyle and Sarcevic. That’s probably Doyle’s worst half, he didn’t hold it up effectively, use the ball well or create something from half-chances, but with somebody like Doyle that could change 2nd half. Sarcevic looks like a player who’s been out of the team for a month or so, hopefully he can improve or replace him 2nd half.

1-0 will be as good as 5-0.

COYWM 

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Just instinct I think wasn't it. It looks shit but he's unsighted as it comes down so his foot isn't already up to volley it

He's not deliberately thought "ill control it" but he's not anticipated they miss it if that makes sense

Watching the replay I think the keeper got a slight touch on the cross so it is slightly behind him, but still could do better  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We all see it differently.  Our best 2 attackers along with Sarcevic for me.  If Fonz or Arthur had played to the level of Doyle last 2.5 games they wouldn't be coming out for the 2nd half.  Relying on his scoring record currently.

Doyle does a lot more than you give him credit for. He's not just stood in the box waiting for it on a plate.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Francis Fogarty said:

Agreed, it's still a nailed on win, but we should be talking about how many will we get. Not when they will come.

Every fan in the land thinks that when their team are on a good run. Unfortunately, there's always another team doing their best to prevent it.