Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Managerial Roundabout

superjohnmcginlay

41 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

A new manager bounce is not what we need

I reckon they've probably already sounded Duff out

Agreed, this isn't good news for everyone else aiming to win the play offs.

Our record against them (fear of them?) added to new manager bounce makes them the main team I'd want to avoid in the semi.  Less concerned about them if they get to the final as that would be preferable to Posh.

26 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed, this isn't good news for everyone else aiming to win the play offs.

Our record against them (fear of them?) added to new manager bounce makes them the main team I'd want to avoid in the semi.  Less concerned about them if they get to the final as that would be preferable to Posh.

You'd seriously want blackpool in the semi final over Barnsley ?

1 hour ago, Greg_BWFC said:

You'd seriously want blackpool in the semi final over Barnsley ?

You're probably right, Blackpool also one to avoid.  I was just considering the new manager effect and our poor record v Barnsley.  And we did beat Blackpool at home, I'd expect to beat them again, and we couldn't have that ref (or GK howler) again at Blackpool, I'd fancy us for a draw as much as I would at Barnsley.

Just hoping for Oxford or Lincoln TBH 😀.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You're probably right, Blackpool also one to avoid.  I was just considering the new manager effect and our poor record v Barnsley.  And we did beat Blackpool at home, I'd expect to beat them again, and we couldn't have that ref (or GK howler) again at Blackpool, I'd fancy us for a draw as much as I would at Barnsley.

Just hoping for Oxford or Lincoln TBH 😀.

Yeah, I think people are putting a lot of faith into this 2nd leg at home scenario. 

My big worry is the tie being out of hand after the first leg.

Especially with the way we insist on overthinking everything. 

Just hoping we go out to blast whoever we play.

None of this let's keep it tight for the 2nd half bollocks.

Don't see either blackpool or Barnsley will be looking to keep it tight. They'll go all out I reckon.

(I do think we are miles better than Barnsley though, don't fear them at all. Blackpool though 🤦‍♂️)

7 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Yeah, I think people are putting a lot of faith into this 2nd leg at home scenario. 

Especially with the way we insist on overthinking everything. 

Just hoping we go out to blast whoever we play.

None of this let's keep it tight for the 2nd half bollocks.

Don't see either blackpool or Barnsley will be looking to keep it tight. They'll go all out I reckon.

(I do think we are miles better than Barnsley though, don't fear them at all. Blackpool though 🤦‍♂️)

It is more than likely be Lincoln or Oxford- Barnsley lose Saturday they could easily miss out 

7 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

🤦‍♂️

Said the same to @Biggish Dave at the PV game.

Personally I don’t see it as a massive advantage.

No idea which team will turn up in an away game, especially against a top 6 team as we know what tends to happen.

Prefer to go away with a lead from the home leg.

Crazy decision for me but where’s this new manager bounce going to come from? What serious manager would want to come in at the 11th hour with a squad they don’t know and risk losing out? It would be a miracle if they won and let’s be honest, the Tykes squad isn’t brilliant whoever’s in charge so the odds are considerably stacked against them. I think they’ll wait and bring somebody in after the play offs, assuming they’re in them of course?

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Crazy decision for me but where’s this new manager bounce going to come from? What serious manager would want to come in at the 11th hour with a squad they don’t know and risk losing out? It would be a miracle if they won and let’s be honest, the Tykes squad isn’t brilliant whoever’s in charge so the odds are considerably stacked against them. I think they’ll wait and bring somebody in after the play offs, assuming they’re in them of course?

Duff?

8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

That was my original thought but would he come back now or once Barnsley's fate is sealed?

Well, he's currently sat at home without a job and is probably unlikely to get another gig in the Championship

He could join now and get them up

21 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

It is more than likely be Lincoln or Oxford- Barnsley lose Saturday they could easily miss out 

This is assuming we finish 3rd though, isn't it.

Knowing us, we'll drop to 4th and the oranges will somehow be 5th (with Barnsley dropping out as you say).

Really is about time we went to Doomfield and won but I just can't see it happening. 

Best if they just don't get in 😀

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

This is assuming we finish 3rd though, isn't it.

Knowing us, we'll drop to 4th and the oranges will somehow be 5th (with Barnsley dropping out as you say).

Really is about time we went to Doomfield and won but I just can't see it happening. 

Best if they just don't get in 😀

Fuck me stop fretting about Blackpool. Just cos we’ve got a poor record against em means fuck all.

1 hour ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Trying to mate but I just can't.🤷‍♂️

We beat em at home this season and but for a ref, missed chances and a sending off would probably have beaten them away so where’s the worry? Fact is we’re better than any of the others we just have to make sure we turn up and prove it.

2 hours ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Trying to mate but I just can't.🤷‍♂️

000000.1% of me thinks how good it could be. Finally exercising those demons and carnage in the stands.

Then the rest remembers our bottle job mentality, their atmosphere and our history with em.

ABB :D

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

000000.1% of me thinks how good it could be. Finally exercising those demons and carnage in the stands.

Then the rest remembers our bottle job mentality, their atmosphere and our history with em.

But just think about the summer your young lads will have if we do them.

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

We beat em at home this season and but for a ref, missed chances and a sending off would probably have beaten them away so where’s the worry? Fact is we’re better than any of the others we just have to make sure we turn up and prove it.

I agree we are actually much better than the others, Peterborough included.

But all that stuff you mention can easily happen again.

In fact shit refs and missed chances is the story of the season.

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

If we did get there and it was Blackpool and we did win, on a personal level my thoughts would be with my dad who was at the 53 final but is no longer with us. Sure there would be a bit of dust flying around Wembley. A lot of football to be played before that would happen and I’d rather we avoided them altogether.