Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

45 minutes ago, superkev said:

I know there’s a thread on parking somewhere, but my lad parked today and said he could pay later online. He can’t work out what to do. Any help appreciated 

He needs the car park company phone number and car park location number, if he doesn’t pay he’ll get fine.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, superkev said:

I know there’s a thread on parking somewhere, but my lad parked today and said he could pay later online. He can’t work out what to do. Any help appreciated 

Assuming he parked on the Official Club carpark, he needs to register here:

https://www.parkgood2go.com/

Enter his details and car registration, and they will eventually send him a parking charge (can take up to 2 weeks in my experience). He'll get an email when it needs paying. First time should be free if he hasn't registered before.

Edited by Cheese

I’m big enough to eat humble pie when necessary - I gave Randy a lot of shit last season (I still think fairly) and didn’t see anything in him that suggested there was any potential improvement. He had a great game! One game doesn’t change everything but if he can carry on playing like that then I can finally see why we recruited him and what he’s actually capable of. Keep that up and I’ll have been completely wrong on the lad - and gladly so because he’ll improve our chances of going up.

Otherwise, great performance, never out of 3rd gear and still looked slick.

My only gripe - fuck me Charles can’t keep hold of the ball when he gets involved in the play. Hopefully just rusty but it was so annoying today knowing that the play was about to break down when he came short to get involved!

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m big enough to eat humble pie when necessary - I gave Randy a lot of shit last season (I still think fairly) and didn’t see anything in him that suggested there was any potential improvement. He had a great game! One game doesn’t change everything but if he can carry on playing like that then I can finally see why we recruited him and what he’s actually capable of. Keep that up and I’ll have been completely wrong on the lad - and gladly so because he’ll improve our chances of going up.

My only gripe - fuck me Charles can’t keep hold of the ball when he gets involved in the play. Hopefully just rusty but it was so annoying today knowing that the play was about to break down when he came short to get involved!

Always seen you as a positive poster mate. Good start today. Enjoyed it. Let’s see what we can do.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Whoever thought we’d missed a trick on Ethan Hamilton (the rag) haha

God he was awful wasn’t he?

To call him a poor man’s George Thomason would be an insult to our young man. 

Just now, desperado said:

God he was awful wasn’t he?

To call him a poor man’s George Thomason would be an insult to our young man. 

Honestly laughable. I know we have an obsession with returning players but fuck me who thinks he’s our level now needs a good smurfing 

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I also had plenty of reservations about Randy, especially without the ball, but he did better in that aspect today and was a real threat going forward. They tried to get that blond RWB beyond him a few times first half, he dealt with it fairly well. Second half Randy gave him a hard time and he rarely left his own half. 

Charles, loads of effort again but the best description I could think of was him looking like he was chasing the ball rather than moving with it. Never really looks like he has it fully under control. Why he's a L1 striker I suppose and still made a nuisance of himself as always

• Members

Didn't he make an tit of himself playing against when we were on our arse as well?

I could be misrememberimg but I'm sure he scored against us and was rather overexuberant in his celebrations

Edit: The above is about Hamilton

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Didn't he make an tit of himself playing against when we were on our arse as well?

I could be misrememberimg but I'm sure he scored against us and was rather overexuberant in his celebrations

Ethan the red ? Likely

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

Ethan the red ? Likely

Yeh. Red Vermin.

He was fucking wank today.

If that’s not the the last we see of him today, then let it be at Sincil Bank when do the double over them.

3 hours ago, 1969 said:

Very good performance considering it's the 1st game.Thought Iredale and Williams where superb but not one player had a poor game.

Agreed those 2 were excellent.  As others have said, Dempsey easily MOM, he really is an all round midfielder. Disagree slightly, Adebayajo had a poor game, everything bounces off him, header from corner papered over the cracks, we need better up front. Santos passing was off today but it was largely irrelevant, we just didn’t need everyone at the top of their game today, as routine a win as you could ask for. Very satisfying.

Loads of positives there - a mullering without really breaking sweat, lots of lovely, crisp passing moves, Dempsey outstanding throughout, two goals from set pieces, that gorgeous ball from Thomason... 

A pleasure to watch throughout - that was a really, really encouraging start. Happy days.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Good post. I see it exactly the same, Williams was dire and disinterested last season, today he was excellent. Long may it continue, clean slate and all that, but criticism was justified, hardly broke sweat for months.  

Charles has been poor in possession for a long time when he comes deep, as soon as he gets involved physically he comes off 2nd best and his passing isn’t good. He’s all about harrying and chasing and snapshots and means little involvement with the ball. But he is our only goal scorer so it’s Charles and 1 other to start up front.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Yeh. Red Vermin.

He was fucking wank today.

If that’s not the the last we see of him today, then let it be at Sincil Bank when do the double over them.

Why the hatred over an ex player that did his best for us? A bit over the top if you don’t mind me saying. Hamilton might not be good enough for us now but he was half decent in his short spell here and is a proven player at this level, and scored the winner here recently. If playing for Man U in a past life is a crime...we’re better than that.