Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (A)

TrickyTrotter

20 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I would say so looking at the transfers when you take into account we were told we were having prem clubs throwing young players at us not long ago then we don’t sign any obviously they thought they didn’t need them and we have better 

Maghoma is on loan from Premier League Brentford. JSL

We better pray to high hell that Dion stays injury free, if he gets fucked we're toast! 

We're in serious need of a couple of nasties in the squad too, I'm not sure our man mountain Rico would say boo to a goose! 

We made a glut of clear cut chances tonight, more than we do in those generic 3-0 home wins. When it was apparent we'd never score that second a couple of heavies anywhere on the park would have been useful. 

I'm pragmatic about footy, it is just a game after all, but that's pissed me off today.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Not sure it's conceit, more a misguided confidence..... Think latter years of Wenger Arsenal reign.

Whatever the descriptor, your Wenger analogy is a good one. 

An absolute faith in your approach is OK, so long as that approach has flexibility within it.

Love him or loathe him, Alex Ferguson would re-invent his squad and system as required.

A pragmatism allied to his belief in attacking football and a winning mentality.

12 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Maghoma is on loan from Premier League Brentford. JSL

Fair enough forgot about him though he spent all last season at MK getting relegated. I was thinking more city and Liverpool United the way evatt was big in up the Bradley and  Trafford success and the links we had made 

38 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Too many defending that shit that didn't actually witness it.

Aye have to agree mate and Im one of em.

If Id been there Id be as raging as you and others are. Especially after a belly full of ale.

Ive seen posts calling Markham a prick, wanting the manager out and some bloke on twitter giving a full break down of FV expenditure.

It was shit, but lets keep cool. 

Theres a long way to go, the manager is going absolutely nowhere and we will pick enough points up to be easily punching at the right end.

No excuses whatsoever for today.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know we expect a lot of running from the wingbacks, but should players be so knackered after 70 or 80 minutes?

No. That’s actually very worrying

These are young lads who should be in peak physical condition.

Thats the first thing a pro club ought to be concentrating on.

That’s a real concern and frankly a shit excuse.

Fucks sake

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

No. That’s actually very worrying

These are young lads who should be in peak physical condition.

Thats the first thing a pro club ought to be concentrating on.

That’s a real concern and frankly a shit excuse.

Fucks sake

If anyone thinks Randell ran himself in to the ground then they watched another game to me.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Poor result very disappointing 

iE poor signings are now haunting him

vic, Dan & Jerome won’t get you goals

JDB scores one of them missed chances 

Vic has shown he can get goals this season so no problem with him starting 

But no idea why Jerome and Dan get on before JDB

Our squad is just so devoid of any creativity. We’ve built a squad for the one formation Evatt wants to play but when that doesn’t go to plan we‘re fooked. 

Jerome and Nlundulu are both so similar in playing style it’s utterly pointless bringing them both on together. Both want to play with their back to goal, neither make runs behind, neither know how to score goals. Poor recruitment is costing us badly.