Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (H)

globaldiver

• Moderators
2 hours ago, woolli said:

Anyone in South Tenerife tomoz, the match is on in Caseys, Los Cris. 10 strong already.

I'll be there in a few weeks, will be looking to take in Wycombe and Charlton away

• Site Supporter

I’m thinking Thomason might come straight back in for this.

Biggest reason being for fresh legs and utilising the squad with the only position in midfield where we can.

With Sheehan having played consecutively including the EFL trophy game last week, I think he’ll be on the bench with a view to starting Saturday.

I think the rest will be the same. 

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I can see this being a right scrappy affair, with Steve Evans doing his best to spoil the game

An early goal would be lovely

I think Evans will do what every manager will do against our 352 and select his trickiest, paciest wingers and drop balls into the space behind Cogley and Williams to try to expose our second string back 3 - which hopefully they'll repel again. He's got some experienced heads in midfield and at the back and will hope they can keep our middle 3 and strikers quiet. He may even try to go for the trickery of List and the young Prem loanees like Charlie McNeill to get at our back 3 at some stage.

Evatt will probably start with 352 to see if Cogley and Williams can get any joy buy may switch systems and go narrower if it isn't going well. Dion and Dan will run themselves into the ground and will be subbed late second half. There'll be a few B team on our bench but they'd be unlikely to get on unless we're winning comfortably - he doesn't seem to trust them on league games yet.

Definitely be a battle for control of the ball and the winner of that will dictate the pattern of play - so f*** knows how it will go.

First goal crucial.

I can see George back in place of Morley just to add a bit physicality to our midfield against these with Morley replacing Josh later. Other than that I can’t see any changes from Saturday with Vic at best on the bench, although id expect him to be kept for Saturday and only used in emergency. Whoever we play it’ll be a physical battle with loads of high balls into our box so Bod and Jerome may be needed again later if we can get in front. Goes without saying that an early goal would be beneficial but I have a feeling if we do get one tonight we might just open them up and score more. 3 points to the Whites either way.

40 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I can see George back in place of Morley just to add a bit physicality to our midfield against these with Morley replacing Josh later. Other than that I can’t see any changes from Saturday with Vic at best on the bench, although id expect him to be kept for Saturday and only used in emergency. Whoever we play it’ll be a physical battle with loads of high balls into our box so Bod and Jerome may be needed again later if we can get in front. Goes without saying that an early goal would be beneficial but I have a feeling if we do get one tonight we might just open them up and score more. 3 points to the Whites either way.

Phew!! You kept us waiting but I can rest easy now 😆

Agreed with the line up and likely subs.  Hopefully Tomo doesn't get his booking too early to leave him vulnerable to a red.  The 2nd halves of the last 2 homes have been spoiled by red cards so I'm looking forward to 11 v 11, in which case I'd be surprised if we don't win.  Charles must be due to end his home goal "drought" but if not, and Vic doesn't play, we need someone to step up - Sheehan/Morley if they play?

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Phew!! You kept us waiting but I can rest easy now 😆

Agreed with the line up and likely subs.  Hopefully Tomo doesn't get his booking too early to leave him vulnerable to a red.  The 2nd halves of the last 2 homes have been spoiled by red cards so I'm looking forward to 11 v 11, in which case I'd be surprised if we don't win.  Charles must be due to end his home goal "drought" but if not, and Vic doesn't play, we need someone to step up - Sheehan/Morley if they play?

🤗 always happy to please.