Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Northampton H

DomRepWanderer

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

What they saying on Cobblers ways, have they been suitably primed to expect to come across an absolute shambles of a club on Saturday and an easy win?

You can almost guarantee Wanderlust will be over there telling them we're shit.

16 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

What they saying on Cobblers ways, have they been suitably primed to expect to come across an absolute shambles of a club on Saturday and an easy win?

To be fair if they’ve watched the Carlisle game, they’d surely fancy it.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

I just don’t know what to expect these days. Sadly I never feel confident of a win even though I’m anticipating one because we just don’t seem to build up any tempo to get on top of teams, it’s all slow, slow, stand on the ball then sideways which just doesn’t get us forward. If we could just speed it up a bit I’m sure we’d be better and maybe catch teams on the break instead of letting them get all their men back in place. We blame the strikers but in fairness they don’t get any space. I just don’t see anything changing at the moment so I’m fearing a similar outcome as against Carlisle and if that happens then Ian really does have to think again about his system because excuses won’t cut it.

Blimey its time to worry if you're not predicting a win 😄 It was a 3-0 win a few days ago, we'll miss Dempsey but not that much!

No clue what to expect. A good performance would be a start. 

Performances of late have been poor or average. If santos starts then that’s a major boost.

Dempsey out is a miss but not been at his best with the injury anyway. Excited to see what Paris can bring if he plays in Dempsey’s absence.

Evatt says we have trained really well - similar to pre Wembley. Let’s hope it shows on the pitch on Saturday.

I rarely read or listen to any quotes from IE or any managers come to that, all fairly meaningless, but I just read in the BN that he'd re-watched the Carlisle game and apparently we dominated the 1st half! (I'm sure Baxter was glad about that).  Everything went their way, neither of their pens were pens, and they only scored from a heavily deflected goal (as opposed to the one we scored that their defender booted in).  I know he has to keep a positive spin, fair enough, but does he think none of us watched that game?  Surely nobody came away thinking we deserved even a draw, I would prefer to hear how they've been working to improve rather than claiming the performance was in any way adequate. 

34 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Evatt says we have trained really well - similar to pre Wembley. Let’s hope it shows on the pitch on Saturday.

He says that a lot.

Who cares how well we train beforehand if we don’t produce on match-day? Not many I guess.

The 90 mins are all that matters. 

The rest is all spin. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, captainmed said:

He says that a lot.

Who cares how well we train beforehand if we don’t produce on match-day? Not many I guess.

The 90 mins are all that matters. 

The rest is all spin. 

I've said this before, he's definitely speaking from a defensive position. Clearly knows pressure is on, and perhaps he doesn't articulate himself too well in this situation. 

Sometimes, less is more.

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've said this before, he's definitely speaking from a defensive position. Clearly knows pressure is on, and perhaps he doesn't articulate himself too well in this situation. 

Sometimes, less is more.

I agree.

I have worked with a lot of good “talkers” over the years, many who didn’t produce. Talk is cheap. 

Its time for the talk to stop and the action to start. 

As @Johnnyrotten said earlier , deep down he surely cannot think that we deserved anything other than a defeat against Carlisle. 

Edited by captainmed

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I rarely read or listen to any quotes from IE or any managers come to that, all fairly meaningless, but I just read in the BN that he'd re-watched the Carlisle game and apparently we dominated the 1st half! (I'm sure Baxter was glad about that).  Everything went their way, neither of their pens were pens, and they only scored from a heavily deflected goal (as opposed to the one we scored that their defender booted in).  I know he has to keep a positive spin, fair enough, but does he think none of us watched that game?  Surely nobody came away thinking we deserved even a draw, I would prefer to hear how they've been working to improve rather than claiming the performance was in any way adequate. 

I must have been at another game because I didn’t see it that way !

20 hours ago, Cheese said:

You can almost guarantee Wanderlust will be over there telling them we're shit.

I'll  try to post whatever I want to say on here first in future so you can mark it, correct my spelling and punctuation and redact anything that doesn't meet your approval.

Either that or tell you to fuck off and mind your own business.

I'm torn....:)

• Site Supporter
Just now, Wanderlust said:

I'll  try to post whatever I want to say on here first in future so you can mark it, correct my spelling and punctuation and redact anything that doesn't meet your approval.

Either that or tell you to fuck off and mind your own business.

I'm torn....:)

Haha, so I was right 😂