Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Solihull Moors (H) - FA Cup R1

BeeversLeftPeg

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

Saved by 18 year old Tommy Simkin. Moors fans were saying they rate him higher than Trafford who was there a while back and by all accounts he's had a great game today.

He made some great saves, although maybe he's on the short side, so that a routine save for a tall keeper turns into a spectacular save for the smaller one.  But well played him, if he hadn't played well it could have been 8 (they could have had a couple too).  We should have had 2 more pens, hopefully we get those when they matter.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He made some great saves, although maybe he's on the short side, so that a routine save for a tall keeper turns into a spectacular save for the smaller one.  But well played him, if he hadn't played well it could have been 8 (they could have had a couple too).  We should have had 2 more pens, hopefully we get those when they matter.

He's over 6 feet 2 inches. And at 18 may have a touch more to grow.

He's a Stoke player though, which I didn't know.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Sky commentary on the app says he's had two shots from outside the box, one saved top corner and one hit the crossbar

Mistaken identity, that was Maghoma (cracking effort that hit bar).  Unfortunately Dan was awful.  Did a couple of half decent lay offs etc in 1st half, but any sight of goal was pitiful.  He doesn't look National League standard to me never mind EFL. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's over 6 feet 2 inches. And at 18 may have a touch more to grow.

He's a Stoke player though, which I didn't know.

Fair enough, I just thought he looked small, but happy to be corrected.  Mind you Crellin is 6 foot 1 supposedly and he was too small too.  Being critical, as good as Maghoma's 1st half shot was that hit the bar, I was a bit surprised the keeper couldn't get a hand on it and at the time I put it down to his lack of inches, but I could be wrong.

Slightly disagree with regard to Dan , some improvement & a couple of shots on target , still looks way inferior to Bodvarson who ran his socks off without reward.

Paris mom for me offers something different from our other midfielders.Morley played ok , George was bang average but steady.

Their no4 who got sent off right at the end fouling Charles was a shit-stirring little get.Thing is when he concentrated on playing he was quite decent.Goalie obviously their mom guessed he’d be a loanee from a bigger club.

The pen we got that Dion missed was debatable being just on the edge of the box however we had two absolute stonewallers .Where do they get these refs ?
All in all enjoyable game but 6/7-0 wouldn’t have flattered us. Charles was on for about twenty’s minutes & could easily have bagged a hatrick (missed pen & a sitter)

Hope Santos sub was not injury related , we look a bit ragged at times without his calming influence.

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Slightly disagree with regard to Dan , some improvement & a couple of shots on target , still looks way inferior to Bodvarson who ran his socks off without reward.

Paris mom for me offers something different from our other midfielders.Morley played ok , George was bang average but steady.

Their no4 who got sent off right at the end fouling Charles was a shit-stirring little get.Thing is when he concentrated on playing he was quite decent.Goalie obviously their mom guessed he’d be a loanee from a bigger club.

The pen we got that Dion missed was debatable being just on the edge of the box however we had two absolute stonewallers .Where do they get these refs ?
All in all enjoyable game but 6/7-0 wouldn’t have flattered us. Charles was on for about twenty’s minutes & could easily have bagged a hatrick (missed pen & a sitter)

Hope Santos sub was not injury related , we look a bit ragged at times without his calming influence.

BWFC twitter account actually made a point of saying it wasn’t an injury and just rotating the squad when the announced the substitution - clearly preempted every one of our fans having the exact same response to that sub!