Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 2023/24

gonzo

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We don't, but the confidence that should give them may well be very helpful when we go away to tough teams in our own league.

Not for me mate like I said other week this could really be a hindrance for us come May 

5 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

That will give the players a huge amount of confidence. 

Certainly will, haven’t seen the game just followed on the BN site but it’s another indication that we are as good or better than anyone else in L1 so whilst a replay may seem a little inconvenient, it could work out well for us especially if our draw is away against a big fish in the next round. Bring it on Wanderers.

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Not for me mate like I said other week this could really be a hindrance for us come May 

May be put a  weaker team out against Accrington than he would have done if we had a result today to manage the work load .  luckily with the heavy Xmas period we didn’t pick up injuries if that continues we should manage 

• Members

Thought we did brilliantly today. Under the cosh for parts of the 2nd half but dealt with it admirably.

If we could've played a better final ball we'd have been in on goal a few times.

A replay isn't ideal but the players will have taken a lot of encouragement getting that draw today.

Well pleased after that. Gave a good account of ourselves - especially in the first half and them players will be feeling mint walking off which can't be a bad thing. Fancied Morley at the end though me....

Edited by tshape

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Cup runs can go either way can't they? Sometimes you just build up a head of steam and it works in your favour..... 

Absolutely. 

I think a centre half as cover wouldn't go amiss, though whether any decent loanees are available is the difficulty. We do have Ireland to come back though.

Another striker too.

As khumbeni has been recalled, that's another midfielder available as cover.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. 

I think a centre half as cover wouldn't go amiss, though whether any decent loanees are available is the difficulty. We do have Ireland to come back though.

Another striker too.

Which team is going to loan our a young centre half as "cover"?

Surely they'd want them playing rather than waiting for a suspension or injury 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. 

Another striker too.

And George Johnson - but I'm not sure how far away from fitness he is. Saw a video which showed him stepping it up in training the other day. He's been a big miss this season. 

52 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Thought we did brilliantly today. Under the cosh for parts of the 2nd half but dealt with it admirably.

If we could've played a better final ball we'd have been in on goal a few times.

A replay isn't ideal but the players will have taken a lot of encouragement getting that draw today.

Exaclty this.

Great following and we play some smashing stuff.

Felt proud watching us.

Vic was brilliant in the first half along with Sheehan who should simply be first name on the teamsheet when it comes to our midfield.

....eyes will be looking at Evatt with displays like that. Especially if we can beat em at home.

Keep fighting on all fronts, confidence and keeping a positive mentality is more important than anything.

Should never go into any game, hoping to lose so we might have a few more days of recovery.

I think we can still make wholesale changes against Accy on Wednesday and still be more than strong enough to win.

League is the obvious priority, but days like today and a replay at home under the lights against Premier League opposition will do us no harm at all.

The players, staff and supporters can take a lot of confidence from that today, great performance.

Edited by Lostock Whites