Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

8 hours ago, royal white said:

Is there a clip doing the rounds of Santos winning the ball? I can’t believe there’s folk saying he won the ball and it wasn’t a penalty, have the rules changed? 

Pen for me, went through the back of the lad to try to get to the ball, both feet off ground for half a second as he did it. Red might get rescinded as it could be argued it was an attempt to play the ball. 

15 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Just seen it back, definitely penalty and can see why the refs give a red. 

A penalty but not a red if the ref is following (knew) the guidelines set.  

It was a total shitshow,  where the f00k was Coleman going and even then how did Santos manage to be 2nd to the ball.

Back to basics defending training needed before Tuesday! 

11 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

It was a total shitshow,  where the f00k was Coleman going and even then how did Santos manage to be 2nd to the ball.

I'd imagine the guidelines relate to professional fouls, not going through the back of someone with both feet off the ground

I agree with you that Santos shouldn't even have been second to it, though

It was a pen.

Clever play from their striker tbf.

I'd be more concerned with the defending and attitude towards it

Shouldnt have really been in that position in the first place. Look at state of our defenders it's like they're out on a leisurely stroll along the promenade.

7 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

It was a pen.

Clever play from their striker tbf.

I'd be more concerned with the defending and attitude towards it

Shouldnt have really been in that position in the first place. Look at state of our defenders it's like they're out on a leisurely stroll along the promenade.

Been listening to far too much talksport mate😂

Don’t know about anybody else but I am fecking fuming this morning 4-1 defeat against fecking Blackpool the players yet again fuck it up against a local rival by being a bunch of pussys and does Evatt ever learn that it means a lot to some of us about beating local rivals they had better turn up and put a shift in on Tuesday and not disappear up there own arses when they get stuck into us!!!!

18 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

In real time I didn’t think it was either a penalty or a red, but there’s an image going around that shows santos clearly gets the man first and has both feet off the ground. If that’s the view the ref has then can understand why he’s made the decision he has. Agree we need to go back to basics regarding the defence, be tempted to play iredale as the left wing back as he is more defence minded than .Ashcroft.

5 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

In real time I didn’t think it was either a penalty or a red, but there’s an image going around that shows santos clearly gets the man first and has both feet off the ground. If that’s the view the ref has then can understand why he’s made the decision he has. Agree we need to go back to basics regarding the defence, be tempted to play iredale as the left wing back as he is more defence minded than .Ashcroft.

It will be Nat at left wing back on Tuesday. As that’s what we do now.

IMG_3420.jpeg.866e458e2ccd58dce828c4dfa5bfbe7d.jpeg

It’s a pen. Not having it that it’s a red card for being a nasty tackle though, one-footed and clearly trying to hook the ball and hence catching the guy with his laces rather than studs.

I imagine the ref will have to state what the red was for, whether it was denying a clear goal scoring opportunity or dangerous tackle and that will determine how we appeal (and also length of ban because isn’t one 1 game and the other 3?)

Either way, I think it gets rescinded because it’s a genuine attempt at playing the ball and isn’t a dangerous tackle.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

IMG_3420.jpeg.866e458e2ccd58dce828c4dfa5bfbe7d.jpeg

It’s a pen. Not having it that it’s a red card for being a nasty tackle though, one-footed and clearly trying to hook the ball and hence catching the guy with his laces rather than studs.

I imagine the ref will have to state what the red was for, whether it was denying a clear goal scoring opportunity or dangerous tackle and that will determine how we appeal (and also length of ban because isn’t one 1 game and the other 3?)

Either way, I think it gets rescinded because it’s a genuine attempt at playing the ball and isn’t a dangerous tackle.

Yes, on that angle it doesn't look too bad

I can't understand why Evatt thinks it wasn't a penalty, though

Presumably he hadn't seen a reply of it at the time

• Members
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Evatt also didn't think Thomason should've had a red the other week.

38 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm sure I read a interview in Which I.E claims Rico was goal side 

14 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I'm sure I read a interview in Which I.E claims Rico was goal side 

The ball comes on from left, so Rico is in front of their man, if he shepherds the ball out probably nothing is given as he tries to slide and wrap his foot it all goes wrong. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

There was at least some doubt?
But a red card ?
Watching it live it was not a heart in the mouth moment for me , just thought he had done well to get the ball out for a corner.

Gobsmacked with the red card , the ref was an utter cunt the whole ninety minutes , his total bias was beyond belief.

I don't think their players were hugely complaining neither. 

As I said previously, I think his left foot does get the ball, but his right also gets yhe man.

Not making excuses for us because we've been poor for a few games now but our luck must change with injuries,refs decisions and yesterday goal were he slipped as he was shooting and ends up in the back of the net on another day that goes harmlessly wide