Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Where have you seen this?

Local paper seems Maloney been told to cut the wage bill for next season new owner is not using his own money to prop the club up need to live within the means. 

Just now, Rizlar said:

Local paper seems Maloney been told to cut the wage bill for next season new owner is not using his own money to prop the club up need to live within the means. 

If Danson isn’t putting more money in the knife has to cut deep to overcome a 17 million overspend… oh dear! 

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd wager they make much better reading. 

Collins' transfer seems like a bit of a commercial gamble, but one they were prepared to make.

To be honest I try not to look. 

1) because any loss terrifies me and 2) because I don't really understand what it is I'm looking at! 🤣🤣

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, kent_white said:

To be honest I try not to look. 

1) because any loss terrifies me and 2) because I don't really understand what it is I'm looking at! 🤣🤣

Our figures aren't due yet I don't think.

Last one showed a loss, to be expected, but we were in a much better position to start with this season than Wigan for obvious reasons.

The full complexities are not something I wholly understand, but I know that when wages far outstrip income, then they're not in a good place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Tinpot fuckers offering season ticket holders to bring 2 friends for free on Saturday, still struggle to top 10000 mind.

Not sure why anyone would be arsed what they're doing, especially their crowd sizes.

Find it very strange.