Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City (A)

mattbwfc19

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Worrying is usually about things that haven't happened yet that might have a detrimental affect on your life. Imagine "worrying" about who might play left wing back on Saturday. Bonkers.

Worrying about who plays left wing back seems a completely legitimate thing to discuss on a football forum. Surely it's the whole point of the forum

• Site Supporter
Just now, Stig said:

Worrying about who plays left wing back seems a completely legitimate thing to discuss on a football forum. Surely it's the whole point of the forum

Good point.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Stig said:

Yep.

Don't even need a EUFA coaching licence to do so.

That said, worrying about who plays lwb an Saturday is a bit ott.

We've got plenty to choose from, we all have views on who is the most suitable, but all will give it a right go.

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

Don't even need a EUFA coaching licence to do so.

That said, worrying about who plays lwb an Saturday is a bit ott.

We've got plenty to choose from, we all have views on who is the most suitable, but all will give it a right go.

Quite agree, we can all have views but Ian will make the choice and he hasn’t done too badly so far. 🙂

We're playing Exeter on Saturday.

The choice between Ogbeta, Ashworth, Williams & Iredale as LWB isn't going to really affect the game/result.

I'm more worried about making the 17.27 train back from Exeter.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

The choice between Ogbeta, Ashworth, Williams & Iredale as LWB isn't going to really affect the game/result.

Doddle, last year...

13 minutes ago, Traf said:

Nearly every game I have gone on the train this season it’s been tight getting back and had to leave 10 minutes before the end of the game at Carlisle or it would have been two hours later getting home.

On the same train getting back from Exeter but Derby is a doddle. And only a hour direct from Worcestershire Parkway 

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They'll get beat on Sat 100%

If we're only concerned about getting up directly, then is it actually better if pompey do well and beat those around us?

Down to us then to grab second, and be in prime position to pip them should they slip up against a lower side.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

So in summary Cheese…you’re saying it’s wrong to worry about stuff that’s not happened yet, but it’s not wrong to worry about stuff that’s not happened yet.

That’s deep, man.

But what about stuff that maybe hasn’t not happened or won’t not ever become likely to happen?

• Moderators

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewingv bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday when you see who is playing LWB

Baz Lurhmann, Sunscreen, 1999

also

0-5 @ 80/1

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewingv bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday when you see who is playing LWB

Baz Lurhmann, Sunscreen, 1999

also

0-5 @ 80/1

The Baz Lurhmann song was a complete whoosh on me. I didn’t get it or like it at all.

11 minutes ago, desperado said:

My mates driving down on his todd Saturday. Anyone who fancies going and doesn’t have a lift let me know

I know a couple who need lifts.

4 hours ago, Traf said:

Yes, its hard to get worked up about which of our 4 LWBs get the nod for this one.

Or which of the 7 CBs play, or which of the 13 midfielders/strikers play.  The 16 that start/come on as sub will be decent footballers, the only one I would say would be missed is Santos and even then we should have enough against Exeter.

The most important person will probably be the referee, it must be our turn to be liked.  On 2nd thoughts, keep him for Derby if he exists.