Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

57 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

There was another team on the pitch , a horrible team to play against on a postage stamp of a pitch .Only Oxford in the top eight have beaten them on their own ground. 
It’s actually not over yet & I agree we need a massive upturn in form but Christ what we need is for our supporters to get right behind these lads & stop whinging .

Agree with this, it’s tough to watch at the minute, but let’s leave the inquest till after the last ball has been kicked, if it’s the top 2 or the playoffs one way or another we still have a great chance of going up, especially if we get our key players back and firing, yes I’m a happy clapper 😁

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

Shaun Maloney can win games with inferior teams

Schumacher when he gets binned at Stoke 

Mike Williamson at Mk dons for 3 to start

Surely the Lincoln manager would be one of our top targets if Evatt left. 

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Like who? 

My first shout would be Alex Neil, had experience of getting out of this division and also the one above. 

Next shout would be Mike Williamson at MK Dons who has done a great job there. 

Edited by Under_Score

Just now, royal white said:

So Mike Williamson who has a similar record in league 2 would be better for us 🤦🏻

Most points since he took over in the division. He only came in oct 🤦‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Well that, plus a lame/tired/toothless performance in a game we really needed to win.

Today was no better or worse than most games against top 15 sides this season, apart from Wycombe and last 20 minutes at Barnsley.  That's our standard this season, yes we played well at Derby and Wigan between the 2 boxes, but in terms of being toothless nothing has changed.  Anyone behind IE before today would still be behind him after today surely.

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

There was another team on the pitch , a horrible team to play against on a postage stamp of a pitch .Only Oxford in the top eight have beaten them on their own ground. 
It’s actually not over yet & I agree we need a massive upturn in form but Christ what we need is for our supporters to get right behind these lads & stop whinging .

At the match I'm fully behind them but after the event I'm going to call out a shit result.

The only way we're going up automatically is winning every game. So a goal less draw isn't good enough 

Becoming like Groundhog Day these Saturday afternoons recently. Coulda / shoulda but didn’t 

performances, results, Evatts comments all becoming very tedious.

if he’s trying to create a bit of a siege mentality he’s going the wrong way about it commenting on the fanbase so often. If he’s thinking it’s too harsh and they shouldn’t be receiving any criticism he’s a moon man. To be honest he’s lucky to still be here. If those games in L2 weren’t behind closed doors he’d of been fucked off well before Jan because the noise coming from the stands would’ve forced a change. 

it’s alright people coming out with the “careful what you wish for views” if he does leave at the end of the season but the same applies to him too. Won’t rock up at many clubs with the support of the board, back room, admin, fans and fucking tea lady as he’s had here. 

4 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

Maloney? you can fuck off, then when you get there fuck off some more!

I couldn’t care less about Wigan 

a rival for westhoughton and Horwich folk.

Wigan are not miles off a play off place and with the hand he was dealt with to our dear leader, logic suggests it’s a good move. 

Hes had Evatts pants down more than once

Edited by tomski

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

Wigan are not miles off a play off place and with the hand he was dealt with to our dear leader, logic suggests it’s a good move. 

Sorry but Maloney no way unless you want to be bored rigid every game with his anti football

You normally talk a lot of sense but wow

14 minutes ago, tomski said:

Don't care if he manages wigan or man city, negative anti-football manager, wouldn't want him anywhere near our club

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Incredible what happens to some peoples' brains when we don't win.

It’s even more incredible when people need prescription drugs to keep pretending they are alive.

Edited by captainmed

1 minute ago, TroySwoosh said:

Don't care if he manages wigan or man city, negative anti-football manager, wouldn't want him anywhere near our club

Might need to expand as It’s fairly evident he’s punching, if it’s not for the reasons above

4 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

It's not officially over, but it's very close now. Gutting.

Only positive from today is Barnsley and Peterborough both losing at home to relegation fodder. That said, I wouldn't fancy Lincoln in the playoffs, in the form they're in.

Its not over 

the Fat Lady cant Sing 

some one has Cut her Throught 

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Jer0me is wank and I’m genuinely miffed by what you’ve seen about who has shown more in the last few weeks unless you’ve watched training ?

Hes been an awful signing

Changed the game at Barnsley. One of the better ones at Wigan. Never does much wrong and even today he was winning flick ons that no cunt was bright enough to get on the end of. Think I contributed more than JDB today.

Just bumped in to a couple of Stevenage players in a Turkish restaurant in the old town and they said Santos looks terrifying up close but once you press him he hasn’t a clue. I really they didn’t fancy it at all today but grew in to it the more we didn’t threaten much. No idea who they were but nice lads tbf. 

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Changed the game at Barnsley. One of the better ones at Wigan. Never does much wrong and even today he was winning flick ons that no cunt was bright enough to get on the end of. Think I contributed more than JDB today.

Just bumped in to a couple of Stevenage players in a Turkish restaurant in the old town and they said Santos looks terrifying up close but once you press him he hasn’t a clue. I really they didn’t fancy it at all today but grew in to it the more we didn’t threaten much. No idea who they were but nice lads tbf. 

Barnsley. Yes won a pen. Please see former the only good he has done at BWFC

The man could not hit a barn door. Tell me stuff he has done right?

Whats the point of winning a flick on if Collins is playing defensive midfield.

Cameron Jerome 16 months no goals.

Dwight Gayle who many laughed at has probably scored more in weeks.

Again what have you seen in 2 week about JDB.

I knew when Jerome started that we would score a blank.

Are you suggesting it was a good move? It backfired and I didn’t need to call Clinton Baptiste to confirm.

Edited by tomski

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Barnsley. Yes won a pen. Please see former the only good he has done at BWFC

The man could not hit a barn door. Tell me stuff he has done right?

Whats the point of winning a flick on if Collins is playing defensive midfield.

Cameron Jerome 16 months no goals.

Dwight Gayle who many laughed at has probably scored more in weeks.

Again what have you seen in 2 week about JDB.

I knew when Jerome started that we would score a blank.

Are you suggesting it was a good move? It backfired and I didn’t need to call Clinton Baptiste to confirm.

Collins playing defensive midfield is the fault of the midfield three.

I’m not saying Jerome is the messiah but fuck me the way folk carry on you’d think they’ve stuck one of us lot up top rather than someone who has been a solid 7/10 every time he’s pulled on a shirt (and that’s one I’d defend to the hilt btw)

In fact out of all the issues today I’d say Jerome is very, very low on that list 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tell you one thing though, I’m sick of coming to League One towns who are clueless that there’s even been a game on. That’s far more embarrassing than anything else. 

They ain’t even a league one town.