Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers (A)

burnden

If the Bolton team of the last 2 home games shows up, then we will beat Pompey.

I want to see more so the tenacity and aggression we showed against Oxford. The players were orchestrating the crowd and getting a reaction throughout the game.

We need that intensity from the players and fans.

Pompey deserve to be champions, as they've been the most consistent over the season, fair play. But there's no doubt in my mind that we can beat anybody at our best. 

46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We spent the last half hour with absolutely nothing up front and the ball just returning back. 

We need Dions energy up there if nothing else.

Dion was ripping up no trees before he got injured so put him on the bench and bring him on for the last 30 minutes that way we are both happy 😀 

10 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Dion was ripping up no trees before he got injured so put him on the bench and bring him on for the last 30 minutes that way we are both happy 😀 

Sounds good to me pal :)

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

I want to see more so the tenacity and aggression we showed against Oxford. The players were orchestrating the crowd and getting a reaction throughout the game.

We need that intensity from the players and fans.

Pompey deserve to be champions, as they've been the most consistent over the season, fair play. But there's no doubt in my mind that we can beat anybody at our best. 

They probably will be champions, and at that point will have deserved it.

If we do beat them, the gap is 6 points.

They also have some difficult games after that, and whilst they should still do the job, they too could get nervous. 

Mansfield in league 2 got twatted at home today and have showed some nerves. It can happen. 

Probably won't like, but we can but hope.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Waste of money & never a footballer. Quite a combination.

10 goals in last 13 games for Bod and Collins, not bad for strikers that never score or create and shouldn't start.

Well played Tomo for the goal, that was quality.

And when did a Bolton player last win 3 injury time penalties away from home in the same season? (Jerome). I'm going to stick my neck out and say never.

39 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

I agree but we simply have to beat them and the other 3 teams too. 

Even that probably won’t be enough as I think Derby will win their last 4. 

FWIW I really can’t see us winning at Peterborough anyway. 

Our recent away form has cost us. 

Edited by captainmed

2 hours ago, desperado said:

He was class today. Didn’t look like he’d been out for as long as he’d had. We’ve missed him so much. 

Reckon my pint is looking good too, with that Barnsley defeat today 😊🍺

Fair play to him and Evatt for patching things up after their massive fall out

Think the Wycombe v derby game midweek could go along way to determining our mindset on Saturday. 

Yep realistically we have to win all 4 games anyway but anything other than a win for Derby and it’s then in our hands. That psychologically whilst such a fine margin is much better than the pressure of needing to win just to keep in touch. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

He did that brilliantly btw the wiley old fox.

Knew he was never darting towards goal and doing him for pace so checked slightly outside and took the tackle.

Can't teach that shit.

Very cute.

He sort of ‘engineered’ that penalty.

Very experienced crafty old player is CJ

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I feel sorry for the Gas fans who are basically laughing at their inability to score - now a club record-equalling drought.

They aren't a great team but we had to defend like the Alamo, blocking shots, throwing in tackles and even clawing the ball off the line so it's not like they weren't trying. Must be torture for the fans.

For us, onwards we go, praying that Derby fuck up and trying to get ahead on GD before they play an already relegated Carlisle on the final day. I just hope our performances pick up.

How will goal difference come into it if we both win the next 3?  Only by us drawing at Posh and them losing to Carlisle, that's stretching it a bit.

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Fair play to him and Evatt for patching things up after their massive fall out

Rumour is Baxter was wearing make-up today to cover his black eye.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

How will goal difference come into it if we both win the next 3?  Only by us drawing at Posh and them losing to Carlisle, that's stretching it a bit.

It does seem unlikely they will drop points but you never know in football.

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They probably will be champions, and at that point will have deserved it.

If we do beat them, the gap is 6 points.

They also have some difficult games after that, and whilst they should still do the job, they too could get nervous. 

Yes at least make them have to win a game to go up.  If they draw at our place they don't have to win another game.  There's a big difference between needing 1 point from 3 games and 4 points from 3 games, if we win next week that's 2 teams sweating profusely.

11 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It does seem unlikely they will drop points but you never know in football.

They may well drop points but if they do, we wouldn't need goal difference, we'd just need the points from the 4 wins we need.  For goal difference to come into it we both need to drop points.

Edited by Johnnyrotten