Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Posh

Dr Faustus

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, so the main thing is that Scunthorpe had something to play for...................sadly, Carlisle don't.

I must admit, I can't see us winning, Derby losing and all that whilst accommodating the required goal difference swing.

I'm still going tomorrow though

I don't think anyone really thinks it will actually unfold in that way, as you say, but it's a bit of a free hit for the team. Nowt to lose, so go for it and enjoy the occasion.

Just play as if a win did guarantee us promotion. 

If the miracle happens then great, if not we're still in the play offs.

21 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

You would think with them being internet tickets they could sell them up to kick off time

All sorts of policing and logistic questions plus API feed with the turnstiles and loads of other boring stuff 😊 Just arrived in Peterborough having done about 20 miles in total on motorways. Bypassed a good chunk of the M6 around Middlewich, then only on the M1 for a few miles before a mad trip around the Leicestershire and Rutland countryside. 3 hrs 45 mins in total although we did get caught behind a police swoop on the A50!

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Majority of us know the reality. 

Im looking forward to; cheering the boys on, beers on an away day,  atmosphere of 2.5k whites and hopefully a moral boosting win to take us into play-offs.

Don’t mock those having a football dream though. Football has enough problems without taking those away. 

Given how precious folk have got I am gonna keep doing it. 

I really hope we do it but as it is so unlikely I want our focus to be on the play offs. Would have preferred us to be up already and not have fucked up such a position. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Big E said:

I want our focus to be on the play offs

How could there be a conflict of interest over us trying to win a football game and not having a focus on the play-offs?

Unless you think we should just trot out reserves, not bother about result/performance and be happy going into play-offs on the back of a defeat?

3 hours ago, Ani said:

We are 100/1 to finish second which seems pretty fair summary. *

Leicester were 5000/1 to win league in 2015. 

We were now into 50/1 ! 

I noticed that. You can get more than 130/1 on Carlisle to win and Bolton -2. That’s the more likely outcome to get us automatic promotion.

Carlisle -1 & Bolton -1 is 146/1. I can’t find odds on Carlisle -2 😆

1 hour ago, desperado said:

How could there be a conflict of interest over us trying to win a football game and not having a focus on the play-offs?

Unless you think we should just trot out reserves, not bother about result/performance and be happy going into play-offs on the back of a defeat?

I know he won’t mean it like that(from 72 hours in Hamburg last week) 

Enjoy tomorrow mate. COYFWM 

Edited by tomski

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I noticed that. You can get more than 130/1 on Carlisle to win and Bolton -2. That’s the more likely outcome to get us automatic promotion.

Carlisle -1 & Bolton -1 is 146/1. I can’t find odds on Carlisle -2 😆

This is what I’ve backed. Only 107/1 though 🙄

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Derby fan I know (decent handful) is nervous

Granted she's not representing all the fans

But still

Shoe on the other foot, I'd be nervous until the 1st goal goes in. We really need an early goal to put the shits up them

8 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Derby fan I know (decent handful) is nervous

Granted she's not representing all the fans

But still

My 2 at work were the opposite. The exact words were ‘we won’t even fuck this up’ 

im in agreement 

• Site Supporter

Cogley’s got it right:

“We have to go into this game to make a statement,” he told The Bolton News. “We have to put a marker down to say ‘if you’ve get us in the play-offs then we are going to cause you problems’.

“I think it is massive for us to set a precedent, for them, for anyone else in the play-offs.

“We know second place is probably out of reach but football has a funny way of dong things and that is why I am saying we need to take care of our business. If Carlisle end up doing something and getting a result and we’re not at it then we have lost a massive opportunity.

“Everyone needs to be focussed now because both sides are going to want to take good form into the play-offs.

“Knuckle down, get a good win and then see where is leaves us.”

• Members
20 minutes ago, desperado said:

Cogley’s got it right:

“We have to go into this game to make a statement,” he told The Bolton News. “We have to put a marker down to say ‘if you’ve get us in the play-offs then we are going to cause you problems’.

“I think it is massive for us to set a precedent, for them, for anyone else in the play-offs.

“We know second place is probably out of reach but football has a funny way of dong things and that is why I am saying we need to take care of our business. If Carlisle end up doing something and getting a result and we’re not at it then we have lost a massive opportunity.

“Everyone needs to be focussed now because both sides are going to want to take good form into the play-offs.

Yeah but redcliffe has said it so fuck it

16 minutes ago, desperado said:

Cogley’s got it right:

Risk v Reward. 

Its 1% stuff, surely IE knows that FFS.

Another week of rest into the main players too. 

I personally will be livid if say Collins gets injured tomorrow.

We’ve had countless opportunities to go up, so now let’s properly prepare for the play-offs with a fully fit squad. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, captainmed said:

Risk v Reward. 

Its 1% stuff, surely IE knows that FFS.

Another week of rest into the main players too. 

I personally will be livid if say Collins gets injured tomorrow.

We’ve had countless opportunities to go up, so now let’s properly prepare for the play-offs with a fully fit squad. 

He could get injured getting off the bus, in training next week, shagging his Mrs.

They’ve had a week without a game, they’ve got another week before the next.

They’ll get a lot more out of playing and winning, than not playing and losing.

Unless someone isn’t fit, you don’t not play them because “they might get injured” 

3 hours ago, tomski said:

My 2 at work were the opposite. The exact words were ‘we won’t even fuck this up’ 

im in agreement 

Derby fan I work with has predicted them to lose every single match so far this season. Honestly he makes some of our lot look like little rays of sunshine.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Were we aware that Derby/Carlisle tomorrow has been hrought forward to a 12.30pm ko & live on Sky ?

So there's no 'I wonder' going to be happening.

But we kick off then too 🤣

As do all L1 games 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Were we aware that Derby/Carlisle tomorrow has been hrought forward to a 12.30pm ko & live on Sky ?

So there's no 'I wonder' going to be happening.

We're all kicking off at 12.30