Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley A

11 hours ago, mickbrown said:

That’s very strange.

I logged on. There’s three of us in our network. One lad had already bought his so I could have bought the other two. Just bought mine. The remaining member of our network bought his today. Piece of piss. 

God knows why others are having so much bother. 

It is all to do with the way CRN numbers are set up. I had no issues but I have previously had to get the ticket office to merge the multiple CRN I had. 

most people I know having problems is down to kids tickets not being linked due to previously all being on the same CRN. The system is rubbish and needs to be redone. Too much bad information put in over the years. Kids ticket CRN previously under their parents CRN need to be re set up and given the correct permissions. I cannot even assign away tickets to the kids CRN despite them being for those said kids who are legitimate kids with kids season tickets. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Greg_BWFC said:

All this talk about how bad Barnsley are on and off the field etc.

Can't help thinking it's a cock up waiting to happen this.

Think we need to be at least level going into the home game.

Story of season for me 

Yet again I'm massively confident as on paper we should have no problem dealing with this properly 

However 

Feel like I've been here quite a few times now this season 

And it never ended up how I anticipated it would 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Reading this thread you sound like you’re run like a national league north club. How on earth can you not sell tickets properly after all these years, and you’ve surely got to be the only league club in the world that doesn’t have a priority system for away fans that travel every other week. Be honest it’s tin pot int it . 

The bit that boggles my mind is we're on the same ticketing platform as you 

So we shouldn't be facing all these issues if other clubs don't

Unless this all stems from the membership scheme we implemented after the system was already in place

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Unless this all stems from the membership scheme we implemented after the system was already in place

Maybe we aren’t on the same level of package as Barnsley. We may be silver they may be gold 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Big E said:

Maybe we aren’t on the same level of package as Barnsley. We may be silver they may be gold 

Aye, suggested before it's possible we may be adverse to the cost of implementing it

I wish I'd attended the last business club event and asked Neil about this 

It's the only thing I'm really interested in at the moment in terms of the club off the field 

I'd even give the ST £10 to go and ask questions and push for a better system

• Members
21 minutes ago, Zico said:

Story of season for me 

Yet again I'm massively confident as on paper we should have no problem dealing with this properly 

However 

Feel like I've been here quite a few times now this season 

And it never ended up how I anticipated it would 

First goal is crucial imo

1 hour ago, Big E said:

It is all to do with the way CRN numbers are set up. I had no issues but I have previously had to get the ticket office to merge the multiple CRN I had. 

most people I know having problems is down to kids tickets not being linked due to previously all being on the same CRN. The system is rubbish and needs to be redone. Too much bad information put in over the years. Kids ticket CRN previously under their parents CRN need to be re set up and given the correct permissions. I cannot even assign away tickets to the kids CRN despite them being for those said kids who are legitimate kids with kids season tickets. 

Well that sounds a right mess

Baxter

Jones, Toal, Santos, Iredale, Ogbeta

Dempsey, Maghoma, Sheehan

Collins Charles

I personally think Jones is a different animal at RWB and is a much better crosser of the ball than Cogley. Him and Iredale at the back I think makes us more solid defensively.

Would like Dempsey to start instead of Tommo, even though he's had a great season, just think his form has dipped recently.

13 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Reading this thread you sound like you’re run like a national league north club. How on earth can you not sell tickets properly after all these years, and you’ve surely got to be the only league club in the world that doesn’t have a priority system for away fans that travel every other week. Be honest it’s tin pot int it . 

We have got a priority system for away games. Season ticket holders get first dibs. 

After that if you want to give vouchers for aways fair enough. But season ticket holders should get first go always. 

2 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Baxter

Collins Charles

I personally think Jones is a different animal at RWB and is a much better crosser of the ball than Cogley. Him and Iredale at the back I think makes us more solid defensively.

Would like Dempsey to start instead of Tommo, even though he's had a great season, just think his form has dipped recently.

Not a chance he’s better than Cogley 

2 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Baxter

Collins Charles

My XI, as well. Just switch Maghoma and Sheehan, to put Maghoma on the left. Collins on right, with Charles on left could be interchangeable. Think Collins cutting in and shooting from distance, gives me a preference for playing him down the left channel.

5 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Baxter

Collins Charles

Cogley and Legohead will start imo. 

Although at their place we improved massively once GJ moved to right back. 

Legohead gave away a goal at their place and picked up an early booking but still played well.  Not been at his best last few games but if he can control his emotions think he has to start. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, desperado said:

Baxter     
             Jones.              Santos.            Toal

Cogley.                       Sheehan.                  Ogbete

Maghoma.          Tomo      

Collins.     Charles

SUBS: Coleman, Iredale, Williams, Dempsey, Morley, Dan, CJ

2 hours ago, Big E said:

1 hour ago, Zico said:

It’s basically a manual admin exercise that has never happened.

22 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

We have got a priority system for away games. Season ticket holders get first dibs. 

After that if you want to give vouchers for aways fair enough. But season ticket holders should get first go always. 

Don’t think anyone has ever suggested anything other than a home season ticket is a given with away priority points on top of that.

Anyway, away from ticket stuff…

Best odds I can find to qualify is 1/2 so barely worth one of my famed investment bets. Seems pretty skinny even when considering Barnsley’s form.

Any news on pub shutdowns?

53 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Any news on pub shutdowns?

I'm still waiting for any indication on this too, fully expect it will be the total shutdown except the WMC.

If that is the case I'll just get off in Sheffield and have a few there and get late train in, rather than fuck about traipsing around on the hunt for a couple of plastic pints.

55 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'm still waiting for any indication on this too, fully expect it will be the total shutdown except the WMC.

If that is the case I'll just get off in Sheffield and have a few there and get late train in, rather than fuck about traipsing around on the hunt for a couple of plastic pints.

We're doing Sheffield anyway if you want to join us.

Feel free too @Leyther_Matt 

1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Giddy Goose in Las America's for me 

COYWM

Get to Marshalls Sports and Entertainment bar ,  better beer . Just up the slope from the Goose .Same block as the Chieftain.  Good Italian next door.

Great atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Meeting a mate who’s got a Pontefract address so hopefully he’s our key in. We were fine for the play offs last year, especially the little alleyway craft pubs. 

26 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Driving and staying over mate so need Barnsley (or on the doorstep) really. Cheers for the offer though 👍 

47 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Aye will do mate cheers. Drop me a message I lost all my numbers after changing my phone 👍