Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley Home

Big E

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s about 20% of the capacity… my mates lad is CF for Whytenshawe and big Bolton fan… told him get his BWFC shirt on under his kit  in case he scores. Hoping to get a ticket, 

How can a team have home advantage in a play off final?  Surely they could get it sorted to play on a neutral ground with a bigger capacity (eg a Rochdale or Salford size ground).  

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Every fucker panicked and got south stand tickets thinking everywhere else was full :D

You really couldn’t make this up.

Absolutely staggering. 

Thick as fucking pigshit. 

3 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

On the subject of tickets, just seen Bury fans seething they've only got 200 tickets for the playoff final at Wythenshawe Town on Saturday. 

I wouldn't give them any, the fucking rats

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Every fucker panicked and got south stand tickets thinking everywhere else was full :D

Will look good on the telly

47 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

How can a team have home advantage in a play off final?  Surely they could get it sorted to play on a neutral ground with a bigger capacity (eg a Rochdale or Salford size ground).  

It’s same in the National Leagues North and South

4 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

Plenty gone in South Stand, wonder how many of them are season ticket holders that have moved to sit with additional people attending?

Yep we did so we could sit with mates in a group, needn’t bothered looking at the sales now.

If I already bought 2 tickets (to ensure I got 2 together for me and my wife) but now there's loads of seats together in better spots, will the ticket office move my 2 tickets to 2 other spaces?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BWFCNick28 said:

If I already bought 2 tickets (to ensure I got 2 together for me and my wife) but now there's loads of seats together in better spots, will the ticket office move my 2 tickets to 2 other spaces?

Prob better asking them

If youve the time and energy, buy what you want on line and return the ones you dont

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, BWFCNick28 said:

Yeh pretty sure they will 👍

All those ESL tickets will be gone this time tomorrow so will be a great atmosphere where I sit without the empty season ticket seats

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

They get home advantage because they finished second. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The club that finishes higher in the league gets home advantage iirc

52 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They get home advantage because they finished second. 

Fair enough - just seems like they are missing out on a bigger pay day generally if they are restricted by very small grounds.  If the play off finals had bigger capacities they'd probably get a lot of neutral non league fans going, and very little restriction on allocations for the bigger teams.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fair enough - just seems like they are missing out on a bigger pay day generally if they are restricted by very small grounds.  If the play off finals had bigger capacities they'd probably get a lot of neutral non league fans going, and very little restriction on allocations for the bigger teams.

They probably just want to win & get promoted and home advantage gives them an advantage. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They probably just want to win & get promoted and home advantage gives them an advantage. 

I was thinking of the league as a whole, when they draw up their fixtures, not maximising income potential.

Arguably missing out on a big finale to the season, if L1 play off was same it could be 10k at Oxford or Peterboro instead of 50k at Wembley.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

On the subject of tickets, just seen Bury fans seething they've only got 200 tickets for the playoff final at Wythenshawe Town on Saturday. 

They are doing a beamback to Gigg 🤣