Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Fulham 3

DazBob

A "meh" game for me is the type where it feels like the players and crowd are still asleep until about 60 minutes in - often the early Sunday games, or anytime we play Fulham.

I woke up this morning, saw the weather outside and thought "meh"!

one I will always remember

promotion season - they brought about 3,000 (far more than they have ever done in the PL)

they kicked off and scored right away - they made it 2-0 with the last kick, and we touched about 5 times in between

a lesson in football and no mistake, more so impressive that they had Barry Hayles playing for them

them were the days when they were given free travel by the club i think

They didnt fill the whole of the lower, 2,500 max. Most they've brought to the Reebok though. Think we were second at the time, they were first, they tore us apart.

Was a lunchtime KO when we went to there place, think it was a Sunday. Got a cracking point, Frandsen if i remember rightly. Took about a 800 (Was on Sky though).

Remember both, got leathered all day in the pub for the Sunday one and didn't go in work the following day, wasn't it something like an 11am kick off?. Same season we played Blackburn at the Reebok on a Friday night, we got beat and it all kicked off with the stewards on the concourse of ESL

Going for a boring 1-1 on Saturday - Dempsey for them Ngog for us, 21,046

Lost 3-0

Some fucker scored a hat-trick and had a shit smoking guns celebration

Memory has deserted me who it was, but that sums up games against fulham for me

1-1 on Saturday; frustrating.....

Was it Gary Brazil that got the hatrick or am I just imagining that name

Edited by superkev

They didnt fill the whole of the lower, 2,500 max. Most they've brought to the Reebok though. Think we were second at the time, they were first, they tore us apart.

Was a lunchtime KO when we went to there place, think it was a Sunday. Got a cracking point, Frandsen if i remember rightly. Took about a 800 (Was on Sky though).

You do remember correctly. Second half free kick from frandsen.

• Members

we equalised in the 98th minute of normal time

bobby moore was sent off

fulham locked themselves in their dressing room

came out and played extra time which ended 2-2

won a second replay in the midlands

Correct (2-1 at St. Andrews). Me Dad got free tickets so we ended up sat in the stand with Peter Reids brother (doppelganger).

All went well until heading back to the car. Me, my old man and me dads mate and his son. No colours, inconspicuous (we thought). Got into a dark street opposite a pub and 'Zuluuuuuuuu' went off behind us. Before we could react, me dad gets drop kicked in the back and splits his forehead on the pavement. I cop a kick in the bollocks but feel nothing as I am banging the fcukers head on the floor (who dropped my dad) when a Brummie voice shouts 'cockney bastards!'. I look up and say words to the effect of 'We're Bolton. They're cockneys there' (luckily, there was a group of about 20 lads going into the pub across the street). Zulus sprinted after them and we scarpered, sharpish like.

I rarely went to football with me dad beyond 8 or 9 years old but, every fcuking time I did, something happened :D

Shortly before the Bradfod City fire, we sat in that stand for a 2-1 League Cup win (Neil Whatmore scored twice from memory). Th'owd feller got into a ruck there with some mouthy Yorkie. Funnily enough, he remarked on all the rubbish piled up underneath that wooden stand after he and the Yorkie settled their differences down there. Me dad came back without a scratch and with a handful of beers :D

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread....................

Correct (2-1 at St. Andrews). Me Dad got free tickets so we ended up sat in the stand with Peter Reids brother (doppelganger).

All went well until heading back to the car. Me, my old man and me dads mate and his son. No colours, inconspicuous (we thought). Got into a dark street opposite a pub and 'Zuluuuuuuuu' went off behind us. Before we could react, me dad gets drop kicked in the back and splits his forehead on the pavement. I cop a kick in the bollocks but feel nothing as I am banging the fcukers head on the floor (who dropped my dad) when a Brummie voice shouts 'cockney bastards!'. I look up and say words to the effect of 'We're Bolton. They're cockneys there' (luckily, there was a group of about 20 lads going into the pub across the street). Zulus sprinted after them and we scarpered, sharpish like.

I rarely went to football with me dad beyond 8 or 9 years old but, every fcuking time I did, something happened :D

Shortly before the Bradfod City fire, we sat in that stand for a 2-1 League Cup win (Neil Whatmore scored twice from memory). Th'owd feller got into a ruck there with some mouthy Yorkie. Funnily enough, he remarked on all the rubbish piled up underneath that wooden stand after he and the Yorkie settled their differences down there. Me dad came back without a scratch and with a handful of beers :D

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread....................

Good memories them, when did you leave Bolton and what was your last game? Must have been a wrench after following the whites for such a long time.