Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough 5 Bolton Wanderers 4

miamiwhite

Thought the lack of interest the players showed was disgusting. However fair play to Peterborough for achieving something i don't think we have done all season, back to back wins.

Can't see much coming of this season now other than time for Dougie to bring in this style of retention football, which certainly wasn't on display yesterday. Long ball after long ball up to Davies again. Again this was the easy option for low confidence defenders with midfielders that weren't showing for them.

I wouldn't want to be paying a fee for Warnock, days of paying millions for ageing full backs/defenders has to be over and he dives in way to much. Believe Riley should get a run of games now on the right hand side as we don't have anything to lose.

Scoreline flattered us yesterday, never felt in the game and Peterborough deserved a bigger winning margin.

I'm not usually one for seeing a shite display and deciding that all our youth are the answer but I completely agree with this.

It can't get much worse than it is at the moment, especially at the back. Without writing the season off completely because there is still a long way to go, IMO we should be using the 2nd half of the season to try a few things in preparation for next season because like ex-midlandwhite says, we literally have nothing to lose anymore.

We can all see that Mears is shite, (he was ok against Charlton but I could have played against that winger) so why not put Riley in there, at least for a few games and see how he goes on, he couldn't be much worse than what we're seeing at the moment and I'm certain that he would at least show a lot more effort.

If he's not up to it then we stick Mears back in and look to get someone in summer, if he puts in a few decent performances then he could make the position his own and its at least one position that Dougie wouldn't have to worry too much about in summer.

Before anyone says that I'm just picking on the usual suspect of Mears it is purely because Riley is the closest youth prospect to the 1st team, I would happily chuck most of that shower of shite out of the team if we had a decent enough prospect in the youth after watching that shit yesterday. Replacing a few of the "big names" with some lesser known youth players might just knock their fucking huge ego's down a bit.

I'm not usually one for seeing a shite display and deciding that all our youth are the answer but I completely agree with this.

It can't get much worse than it is at the moment, especially at the back. Without writing the season off completely because there is still a long way to go, IMO we should be using the 2nd half of the season to try a few things in preparation for next season because like ex-midlandwhite says, we literally have nothing to lose anymore.

we need about 50 pts first before that!

I also learnt from Peterborough fans that you can support 1 team and follow another team???? No guesses for who they followed?

In the Phil Neal era my Somerset cousin's young lad asked which team I supported. When I replied Bolton he said "ok but what proper team"?

There's not been a tenner in his birthday card since.

• Moderators

For the first, Spearing must have dropped in for Ricketts as he's slightly upfield? Mears is in no man's land, crossed over from his CB, 5 yards behind playing 2 players on. WTF? When the shot is taken, Ricketts hasn't even reached the D, lazy cunt!

33z927q.jpg

For the first, Spearing must have dropped in for Ricketts as he's slightly upfield? Mears is in no man's land, crossed over from his CB, 5 yards behind playing 2 players on. WTF? When the shot is taken, Ricketts hasn't even reached the D, lazy cunt!

http://i46.tinypic.com/33z927q.jpg[/img

Paused the exact caption myself-woeful

Knight was at fault for the first and second. Fuck knows what he was doing. And like others have said, he not only made a mistake for the first but then reacted very slowly and didn't get back in time.

Reminds me of his cant be arsed attitude for periods of last season. United away springs to mind.

I reckon JimSamJu were pretty shrewd judges. Suppose he had to be played with Mills out.

We are so physically and mentally soft. Oh for a Gerry Taggart.

You can't hold a high line with Mears in the team. Another area where Steinsson is a miss as he used to organise the line.

Not surprised and there will be more before the season ends. This is Coyles mess. We won't go down but I think we will be amongst Derby and Burnley as mediocre championship fodder for a few seasons unlessl some players with character and backbone are signed. We need a sprinkling of SJM, Nolan or Mcateer type and another goalkeeper

Guest bwfcdan

Would you rather lose 5-4 or 1-0?

In our life, I doubt we'll see Bolton involved in a game with a scoreline like that again.

Well I've never/can remember anything like it,

Ridiculous comment. 1-0 every time. To concede 5 goals is piss poor, especially against a side like Peterborough.