Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lofthouse Statue

EyesRight

Really pleased with it, looks better than it did in the photo

Got a great photo with England flag above his head and bwfc logo on west stand in background

Adds something to the Bok, I've felt we've never made enough of our history ....the statue really adds a sense of history to the stadium

• Moderators

i heard an old bird who saw him play say 'it could have been worse, it could have been better'

that is probably where i'm at

these things will all be subjective

anybody wanting a perfect likeness is living in a dream world and would probably have been better with a photo

i like it and reckon its good

will be a nice feature of my 'lucky walk round'

Come again? 

Not sure how I can put it any differently tbh, erm when the maker of the statue was building it, did he have measurements of Nat's body or was it done by 'eye'

From the date Nat had that ball in his hands, would the maker have had Nat's weight?height? and other body parts measurements? it's not like he had Nat in person to go by.

Some are saying it's not perfect, but it would only be perfect if it was actually like a mold of Nat's actual body from that time.

Edited by Didledee

Not sure how I can put it any differently tbh, erm when the maker of the statue was building it, did he have measurements of Nat's body or was it done by 'eye'

From the date Nat had that ball in his hands, would the maker have had Nat's weight?height? and other body parts measurements? it's not like he had Nat in person to go by.

Some are saying it's not perfect, but it would only be perfect if it was actually like a mold of Nat's actual body from that time.

Some are saying it's not perfect, but it would only be perfect if it wasI actually like a mold of Nat's actual body from that time.

Im no sculptor but perhaps you can gauge nose and finger length from photos? Sounds a bit Pro Evo to me, I used to create players from scratch and I know from experience its a lonely man's game. 

• Site Supporter

he had a 7 and half inch cock with and a massive ball sack by all accounts.

the statue doesn't reflect this.

his family might not be bothered about this, but the great man himself will feel aggrieved.

Back off holiday last night, this morning took my lad straight to the statue ( he knows all about Nat and our history despite being just 8 years old) I was really really pleased its a quality job and long overdue, while we were there plenty of people were also there taking photos and paying homage, we need more of this type of tributes about our great past. I hope this is the first of many, the disaster should be remembered, as should our 4 fa cup wins, these type of memorials tributes identify our club. Also love the new badge.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Back off holiday last night, this morning took my lad straight to the statue ( he knows all about Nat and our history despite being just 8 years old) I was really really pleased its a quality job and long overdue, while we were there plenty of people were also there taking photos and paying homage, we need more of this type of tributes about our great past. I hope this is the first of many, the disaster should be remembered, as should our 4 fa cup wins, these type of memorials tributes identify our club. Also love the new badge.

Positivity, have you turned a corner MK?

Not seen the statue in the flesh yet but I am pleasantly surprised by how good it looks on the images on here.

SKD modeled  for it

Positivity, have you turned a corner MK?

Not seen the statue in the flesh yet but I am pleasantly surprised by how good it looks on the images on here.

I'm alway passionate about the club as I love it have done since 10 years old, but if things not right will always speak from the heart I don't know any other way it's how I was brung up.